Velocity vector for the HUD

No velocity vector in Alpha. The hud has changed very little since the first alpha drop.

Not entirely correct. Here you can see video of Alpha 3 and the bars along each side during flight to show movement. I think removing those in particular was a good idea, as they were a bit "busy" and not intuitive. I'd be good with adding some indicator on the holo ships, yours and the target, to show movement direction based on the relative frame of space, perhaps acting a bit like the compass, which is easy to glance at and understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdCpZjrwuk4

Flight assist that attempts to stop your motion, but does not dampen your rotation.

What would this be used for?
Thank you for your input. You might want to consider a new thread to explore flight assist variations. The intended focus here is to consider a velocity vector indication which would be useful for both flight assist on and off applications.

Last edited:
I'll add my support to this too, along with the ability to toggle-off space dust and have a clean(er) cockpit window...
If you watch ISS feed you can see that there is space dust. I think it adds to the game but it should fizzle off your shield in places around bodies where it's more common due to gravity (and asteroid belts). Shieldless; it should plink and thud off your hull.

+1 support for this. Space dust for a velocity vector is simply not good enough.
Especially for low-level planetary flight and FA off manuvers, this is very useful. At least give us the option to enable/disable it.

It is an easy thing to implement considering the velocity vector is already calculated for normal flight, we just want a HUD indicator for it.

Edit: For clarification, something like this is what I would prefer (the middle arrow pointing to the circle with 3 lines sticking out):
G9wOW.png

An opposte (retrograde) indicator would be nice too for reverse flying. Think Kerbal Space Program.

Last edited:
Supported. All it would take would be another tiny compass for indicating the flight vector direction, right next to the indicator showing the magnitude. Wouldn't need to be any more complicated than that. A quick MS Paint- hack to illustrate:

MNGjaYp.jpg

Top Bottom