Powerplay Veteran ED player needs a little help to start Power Play !

Been playing for a year, want to try some powerplay. Let's keep this simple, I know the game well trading, bounty hunting, RES sites, and exploration 5ly from the bubble but have never done powerplay. I joined Hudson from the Federation and don't know what to do with my vulture.

1 - From a combat perspective, give me a couple things to do please. Do I still do RES sites or combat zones?

2 - I went into this combat "situation" instance and killed 6 ships. I now have 60 Powerplay under my transactions tab. DO I turn those in?

3 - How do we get kill confirmations and where do we turn them in?

I'm a 37 y.o. dad who doesn't have time to read every guide but would love some basic help here. Point me in a direction here by answering these questions please, share any other pointers, and my year experience should help with the rest.

Thanks!

Last edited:
1. Yes, after you have reached Powerplay Rank 2 or above you get 20-50% bonus for bounties within Hudson's territory depending on his position in the PP ranking.

2. & 3. The "60 Powerplay" in your transactions are the kill confirmations. Go to any of Hudson's Control Systems and turn in the confirmations in Starport Services/Contacts/Powerplay contact.

I tried to turn them in, and I couldn't. It like, doesn't let me. Contact tab said I could turn them in, but there wasn't anything letting me do it. I tried for 14 minutes, every menu. Some real specifics on how to do so?

I tried to turn them in 30 minutes after getting them. Again, please give me specifics. I seriously must be missing something . It says i can turn them in at the station, but I can't. how do i? thanks

I tried to turn them in 30 minutes after getting them. Again, please give me specifics.
The Powerplay cycle changes at 07:00 UTC each Thursday. Any unclaimed merits from the old cycle will be lost even if you got them at 06:59 and tried to turn them in at 07:01.

I seriously must be missing something . It says i can turn them in at the station, but I can't. how do i? thanks
Which station? Are you sure you are in a control system?

OH! I was in a ...um....new to PPLay...one of the systems with the "target aimer" ....I forget what it is called, expansion, contested, whatever...but I don't think it was a control system. Maybe that was the issue?

Good stuff

So I turned in my 110 power play finally, and needed to be in a control system. I received a whopping 11,000 credits. LAWL. ! That's all I receive from this? Is there another benefit or payout? Its not all about money in this game, but that is so low!

Thoughts please?

Powerplay isn't a means of earning lots of credits.

The main reasons of participating in Powerplay should be role-playing and co-operating with other supporters of your Power. Otherwise it just becomes a pointless grind. See the subforum and Reddit for your Power for hints on what to do.

As with anything in Elite Dangerous, the information you need and the button you need to click is hidden in a helicopter vomit of Panels, Menus, Subsections, tabs, etc.

The best thing to do is to go over to the Hudson Subreddit. and then jump on teamspeak.
Dozens of people there to help you.

A key thing to remember is that if you don't know what your Power needs strategically, it is very easy to harm it with blind merit grinding.

You need to be in contact with the leaders and experts.
And like it or not - they are on Reddit.
There's stickied post about this above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom