Viable Strategy: Creating good core mining conditions?

Now that people are traipsing around the galaxy looking for the no-less-than-the-best sale price for their core minerals, I wonder if it's worthwhile putting the effort in to creating the good conditions needed for this in systems you control now.

For example, I have a system in Expansion + Boom... nothing unusual, but the market currently looks like this:
1579689413619.png

1579689425486.png

1579689438737.png

1579689451470.png

1579689467837.png

1579689481963.png

1579689492039.png

1579689515058.png

That's some reasonable demand levels, though obviously not at peak costings (but look at dem LTDs :) )

But yeah, bit more of a push around Economy and Security and you'll have some CL + Inv taking hold here, then all those miner-toolers come running.

Anyone else given this consideration for their faction?

EDIT: FWIW, reason I haven't really considered this viable before was because of the lack of difference due to supply/demand. Where before, you could create it, but people were unlikely to leave the current FOTM system just because you created the right conditions. Now, they need to move around.

Attachments

• 1579689505095.png
    1579689505095.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Low-temp Diamonds are probably the easiest, since their state combination is I+CL+Expansion, all of which are fairly quick to directly create, and they also have much more baseline demand than other gems so finding a quiet system with some left to be worth boosting should be easier.

Reliably creating Pirate Attack was theoretically possible in 3.5 but I'm not sure if it still is.

In a backwater area of the bubble, we find traffic does it all on its own.
If you offer decent prices in the area, people will come (and you cant stop them!), which boosts Eco into Inv, and Security up quite a bit (maybe not to CL)

Low-temp Diamonds are probably the easiest, since their state combination is I+CL+Expansion, all of which are fairly quick to directly create, and they also have much more baseline demand than other gems so finding a quiet system with some left to be worth boosting should be easier.

Reliably creating Pirate Attack was theoretically possible in 3.5 but I'm not sure if it still is.
There's some anecdotal evidence that the new "best" state combination is I+CL+Public Holiday. Be interesting to see if that pans out, and if there's any way to intentionally trigger a holiday.

I guess from my perspective, a suboptimal state set (e.g no pirate attack) but high demand combination is preferable to a complete state set, but no demand.

Given there still seems to be a surplus of miners and a deficiency of places to sell, second best will still suffice quite well.

"no demand" seems to apply about 0.4 price multiplier for Opals compared with "full demand" so probably just about cancels out with "no pirate attack". You'd be ahead so long as you were selling to the top 20% of the demand, I think - which might not be very many actual gems.

There's some anecdotal evidence that the new "best" state combination is I+CL+Public Holiday. Be interesting to see if that pans out, and if there's any way to intentionally trigger a holiday.
Checking ... public holiday and pirate attack seem to have about the same multiplier for void opals.

Top Bottom