Virpil WarBRD Base

Wait, they nerfed void opals?
Yes it happened in the next update where they and all the other core cash cows were made subject to supply and demand just like everything else.
This was working quite nicely in the beta, I had to go to a system 2 jumps away to get a 'good' price as demand in my 'home' system was zero and sell price was very low.
Not nerfed at all, just worth very little where demand is low. I hadn't mined enough to see if prices fell after sell, but only had a few days to check out the beta.

I love how this try hard is complaining his joystick is wearing out after 6500 hours of use, well no crap lol. I bet you are okay with the Void Opal nerf? Please go outside.

I have no idea what you're talking about and that's probably all we have in common as it is clear that you don't either.

I could care less about Void Opals

I'm quite pleased with the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, but when the joystick base clearly became in need of a rebuild or replacement after 6000 hours of use I decided to try replacing the base with the Virpil WarBRD base which costs around $250. It worked fine for a couple weeks and then just lost connectivity with the compatible Wartog grip that I put on the base. I then tested with a brand new TM Joystick and had the same issue.

This is a well documented problem on the Virpil forum. Apparently the defective cable in the base uses solid cooper wires instead of flexible mult-strand wires and isn't capable of holding up under the movement of the joystick and results in the cable installed breaking internally and causing the failure of the buttons on the joystick.

Perhaps you might consider becoming a "try hard" by learning how to read.

I just received notice that the cable I need to repair my WarBRD base will be shipped Express this weekend. I will be about 50 days since the Ticket was submitted, but it appears that this will be resolved next week.

I resubmitted another ticket to finally get a response and the reply was appropriately apologetic. I'm hoping that Virpil will up their game and stay afloat, but they need to improve in this area. I'm looking forward to putting the WarBRD base back online.

Top Bottom