Visited stars not showing any more

Hallo.
I recently had to reinstall the game due to hard disk mulfunctioning, and after reinstalling all the thousands systems I visited during the years now show as not visited.

Did it happen to someone else? I tried to raise the issue with the bug tracker, but it seems to be only a problem of mine and they flag it as expired after some time...

Visited stars on the galaxy map are stored locally, not on the server so if you delete your data or change consoles they won't be there anymore.
Any discoveries you've made will still be there, it's only the visited star filter on the galaxy map that's affected

Visited stars on the galaxy map are stored locally, not on the server so if you delete your data or change consoles they won't be there anymore.
Any discoveries you've made will still be there, it's only the visited star filter on the galaxy map that's affected

I know that on PC the visited star cache is stored locally, but I thought that, at least on XB, the visited star cache is stored online with everything else related to the game.

OK, I just lost all mine too. My last backup of VisitedStarsCache.dat was 5/31/21. I'm on Horizons only.
I thought that file came from Users\UserName\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous, but I don't see a VisitedStarsCache.dat now. I do see one in Users\UserName\AppData]Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\1978434 (very small size) and the map erratically displays only the last 14 systems. I say erratically because if I filter on visited nothing shows, but if I filter for both visited & not the blue dots appear along with the red.
Did FD change the location? And can it be rebuilt from the journals?

Top Bottom