VKB black week price joke

Yesterday VKB announced a black week celebration:
Black Friday sale 10% off 24/11-28/11

Yesterday GLADIATOR NXT EVO 'SPACE COMBAT EDITION' Premium version cost around 220 Euro.
Today, after the start of celebrating and reducing the price by 10%, it costs ca 223 Euro :)

GLADIATOR NXT EVO ‘SPACE COMBAT EDITION’​

SKU: VKBSIM-S-GNE-SCG-R-P
CONTROLLERS
NEW PRODUCT!
Scroll down for Product Description and Details

€179,93 – €223,64incl VAT for EU only
Gladiator EVO ‘Space Combat Edition’ w/ SCG Premium Right grip
€223,64incl VAT for EU only

The prices of other products I was interested in (omni throttle) also went up for black week.

Interesting - I paid €187.60 for omnithrottle on 20 Nov - it is now listed at €227 - weird.

EVO SCG premium right has also gone up by about €40 since June.

Mind you, the discount might only be applied at the checkout.

Maybe they clicked the wrong button? ;)

I wanted to buy, but at the checkout they only deducted VAT (purchase for a company), and the "10% black week" discount was not introduced.

I wanted to buy, but at the checkout they only deducted VAT (purchase for a company), and the "10% black week" discount was not introduced.

They do give a link to a page about the discount - it is a code to apply to get 10% off - so at checkout:

" As usual, VKB offers the biggest sale of the year in November. It will start tomorrow morning, on Thursday, 24th at 08:00 and end on Monday midnight, 28th at 23:59.

This year we offer 10% discount on everything what is in stock.

In order to get that discount, just apply a promo code BF2022
"

On their forum ( http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7174 ) they said (on the 22nd):

" NA, EU and Aus store will publish the discounts soon. "

In the same thread someone linked this:

looks bad, they need to clarify their messaging I think.

Last edited:
After entering the code, the black week discount works. However, today's price has been raised, so the discount compared to yesterday's price is no longer 10%, but a little above 8%.

After entering the code, the black week discount works. However, today's price has been raised, so the discount compared to yesterday's price is no longer 10%, but a little above 8%.

Yeah - I am glad I pulled the trigger (sorry) on the throttle last week. They made a post in September about price increases for new stock, maybe my throttle was not subject to that.

In any event - yeah it does look like a bad move to stick up prices by more than the discount.

You might be interested to know that Virpil also have Black Friday deals (until 27th):

"For each VPC device (Grips, Bases, Throttles, Control Panels & Rudder Pedals) added to your basket, the discount will increase by 5% up to a maximum 15% discount on VPC devices! All VPC accessories will receive a 10% discount!"

They also have the advantage that they do the VAT now so no need for the "Brexit Tax" of handler's fees (brokerage charge) you get with VKB etc products (£11.50 charged by UPS to pay the VAT through them).

I bought a set (joystick + omni throttle) today in VKB, but it's better if VKB didn't give any discounts for "black week", than giving 10% off, but raising the price the day before - there is a bad taste and loss of VKB's image.
If VKB performs poorly then Virpil will be the next step.

I just bought the new virpil stick and cam. Haven't had a chance to unbox it grrr - work.
But they applied the 10% discount at the till once purchased.

Top Bottom