VR position reset

Does Elite have an internal reset VR position option? From time to time tracking moves a bit, and it can sometimes be off completely at the start (on one occasion when I started my head was sticking right outside the top of my Cutter, which was quite a cool view but weird.) I have to then come out and reset VR position from SteamVR. Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pfaff.

I had a go on Dirt Rally 2.0 in VR yesterday and see there’s an in game option to reset VR position which seemed much handier.

I use an Oculus Rift S and typically remove the batteries from the touch controllers since I play ED with Thrustmaster X HOTAS. . . . I'd had it set but lost the custom configs. I couldn't find the Reset HMD setting anywhere, restarting the game did nothing to help! . . . . Apparently without the touch controllers it doesn't appear in the control configs. I put the batteries back in and restarted game and THIS time the Reset HMD option is the last one under miscellaneous (under flight). Who Knew?

I use an Oculus Rift S and typically remove the batteries from the touch controllers since I play ED with Thrustmaster X HOTAS. . . . I'd had it set but lost the custom configs. I couldn't find the Reset HMD setting anywhere, restarting the game did nothing to help! . . . . Apparently without the touch controllers it doesn't appear in the control configs. I put the batteries back in and restarted game and THIS time the Reset HMD option is the last one under miscellaneous (under flight). Who Knew?
Is it possible you’ve just missed it when scanning through the options?

I’ve recently installed Epic Elite on my old laptop just to see if it’d run, and even though just showing a VR headset to it would cause the computer to spontaneously implode I can still see the “Reset HMD” option (set to the default f12) under the Misc section.

The other day I did a 6hr session with the Q2 on the link. My head drifted so far forward it looked like I was doing impressions of the girl from the exorcist when trying to use the role panels. I was bashing the reset HMD button like a love-starved teenager. I just couldn't get my head on straight. Then I realised my Q2 'room' had drifted. I recentered that. I was still a little off. So I had to reset with the Quest, Reset with the SteamVR dash & finally with ED's reset HMD. Now I just go through the motions like I've reached the silver wedding anniversary.

Top Bottom