General VR Support Keyboard Support

VR is what made me really enjoy this game and we now have good controller support for VR. The only cumbersome this at the moment is that when I need to type I have to take off my goggle ruining the immersion.
I there a way a small in game keyboard could be added for those of us using VR as part of the cockpit console?

When I do that Elite focuses and the controllers stop working, I have to take of my goggles and refocus the game before I jump in.
At the moment I take off my goggles point the headset at the galaxy map so I can see it on my monitor and type, re-focus the game and jump back in.

VR is what made me really enjoy this game and we now have good controller support for VR. The only cumbersome this at the moment is that when I need to type I have to take off my goggle ruining the immersion.
I there a way a small in game keyboard could be added for those of us using VR as part of the cockpit console?

Id even take the one thats always by the pilot seat of it worked. They should let me use an oculus controller to possess a hand and hunt and peck those keys.

That
When I do that Elite focuses and the controllers stop working

I assume you are typing then in a different application (e.g., Discord), otherwise focus should not move.

There are several applications that allow you to add virtual desktop windows inside VR, on top of games such as elite. For example,
check out OVR Toolkit on Steam.

That

I assume you are typing then in a different application (e.g., Discord), otherwise focus should not move.

There are several applications that allow you to add virtual desktop windows inside VR, on top of games such as elite. For example,
check out OVR Toolkit on Steam.

Thanks I'll have a look at the OVR Toolkit. In terms of game focus, if friends sends me a message on Discord ED unfocused. I find that there are some other programs that take focus as well, like taking a screenshot will do the same.

Thanks I'll have a look at the OVR Toolkit. In terms of game focus, if friends sends me a message on Discord ED unfocused. I find that there are some other programs that take focus as well, like taking a screenshot will do the same.

You might want to try setting up the Windows 10 focus assist. It can prevent other applications from stealing focus.

Top Bottom