Ship Builds & Load Outs Vulture now or wait ?

Currently have a scout fitted for exploration and a cobra for combat. My cobra currently has a value of about 5.5 million. Is it worth it to sell all modules for the moment and get a vulture with a 4a shield cell bank, 2c interdictor and class 3 pulse with a class 2 multicannon for upgrades? Currently have about 1.2 million credits so that would leave me with around 600000, enough for 2 rebuys. Or should I wait for the combat CG to end (currently in top 40 worth 7 million plan to be in the top 15 by the end).

It's usually better to wait till you have enough to at least decently fit your ship out for whatever you need it for. However that said I don't think there's been many times I've had the patience to do so. Is it worth struggling a little at first to kit it out but still being able to enjoy the ship itself while doing so? if yes then go for it, if no then hold back a bit till you have the credits (and insurance :p)

I have a vulture and its about 22m for what i have installed in outfitting, current buy back is about 900k-1.1m, hope this helps.

Before purchasing a Vulture make sure that you have enough Cr for the 4A power unit, 5A distributor and good shield gen. You need the gen unit to support your Class 3 weapons and other modules. Also make sure that you understand how to setup and use module priority to make the most out of your available power

With the right. Ship config in the hands of a good CMDR the Vulture is an awesome RES and CZ weapon capable of earning Cr much quicker and easier than a Cobra.

My Vulture setup costs about 15m Cr with mostly A rated gear, but if you are careful with selecting equipment, you can get away with about 10m Cr plus the all important insurance.

Last edited:
Be prepared to lose that speed.
Flying the vulture feels like playing an arcade game. It turns like a turret. But it is slow as balls.
If you want something that's cheaper, faster, easier to fit, and better shielded, go with the courier.

For a top notch Vulture I'd be looking to have ~14mil in the bank plus 1.5mil for re-buys.

If you want to get in early a good bit of advice is buy it where you want to use it and downgrade the FSD to the 2E and just fly it in the one system till you rack some credits up, that'd be 12mil(ish) plus 1mil for rebuys.

Personally I'd keep the Cobra with a basic trading loadout, nothing worse than being kicked back to a sidewinder. 1 hour in a Cobra equals about 5 in a sidewinder...

My last Vulture cost me around the 28mil mark (1.4mil buy back) but was sporting a gimballed class 3 beam with mostly A grade internals. When I first dipped my toes in the waters of Vulture ownership I had barely enough to cover a slight upgrade and twin C3 gimballed pulses. But found it a nice little earner in RES's (back in pre 1.2 days) allowing me to upgrade and keep more than enough for five rebuys in nest to no time.

Is it worth it over the Cobra? For me I hated the Cobra so only owned one for less than a day before side grading back into a Viper (which still remains my favourite ship, although before jumping in a T7 to try my hand at trading I was messing around with a DBS) so would have to say go for it... but be prepared to be frugal with your targets.

Top Bottom