Walking around ship cockpits in VR

That setting is actually the only thing that gets my stomach into troubles - it all sounds good and well until you flip your SRV for the first time.
If the SRV gets above or below a certain steep angle in the vertical plane then your viewpoint is slewed around without your input, which is always a thing that nudges my nausea button. Without "maintain horizon" it's shifting my viewpoint all the time, so I know which one I prefer.

I find when I get the SRV into a tumble (usually when messing up "flyving") I can usually get it back under control because I've got a nice stable horizon to reference.

It's also the reason I tend to not use the Turret view very often - I wish there was a head tracking in-cockpit view solution to that.

Using the horizon setting, to my mind, matches the few occasions I've been in offroad vehicles on very bouncy terrain. Although I was being flung all over the place, my inner ear & eyes combo kept the horizon nice and level at all times :)

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
For me the bouncy terrain is no problem, but I had to go easy the first week of VR. Getting it back under control works quite well in a tumbling SRV, it is just that total flip that occurs with the stable horizon at some point that gets me disoriented, so I keep it turned off. Probably just training, but since everything works fine I don't see a reason to.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
you mean, again? also SLFs are slow, try a properly modded eagle. It might even survive the clipping (but were you fast enough if it did?)

But in these cases the movement of the camera is in sync with the movement of the ship, that is no problem. The fixed horizon flipping is not in sync with the movement of the SRV.

That setting is actually the only thing that gets my stomach into troubles - it all sounds good and well until you flip your SRV for the first time.

I'll give that a go, several times. I'm usually pretty good for VR sickness.

I have all comfy setting turned off. They just don´t feel right. I found it far more convenient to train myself over time.
Nowadays i can play for hours without getting nausea. All it needs is time. When you get dizzy stop playing for an hour. Your ability to play longer will increase over the coming weeks. Just don´t push it or try to endure. It will do the opposite.

Ha, amateurs, try an imperial slf in arena and just touch a wall, don't even have to go fast, it will have you hurling your lunch if you don't close your eyes.

Top Bottom