WARNING: Don't apply Mass Manager to any of the Engineered FSDs that were community goal reward

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I flew my Anaconda with the new size 6 Engineered FSD to Felicity Farseer to get Mass Manager added and it appeared to wipe out all the engineering modifications on it. It became a regular FSD.
I though I made some kind of mistake, and flew my Imperial Courier with size 3 Engineered FSD in it, made sure I made no mistakes, and the same thing happened - or it least it looked like it. What actually happens is the engineering screen display wipes out all but grade 1 increased range, even though the FSD performance is unaffected. It's the same in the Outfitting modifications panel - FSD looks like it is just increased range 1 plus mass manager - but it actually performs as it should - fast boot and increased range better than regular engineered FSD.
I have still lost the size 6 FSD because I tried to reapply increased range to it to somehow fix it. I think that broke it. Hoping FDev support can help me.
I have added mass manager effect to several size 5 Engineered FSD with no problems.

Only reason I did the community goal was for the size 6 Engineered FSD.

Colonia Bridge is pointless too - no ship with a good jump range and an AFMU onboard needs more stopping places than already exists, and the bridge Megaships have no tritium for sale to help Fleet Carriers with the trip.

Last edited:
There's a post about this. The relevant bit for you is:

Commanders who use engineering to apply a Special Effect will see in their UI that their level 5 double-engineered module gets reset down to level 1 or 2 of a normal engineering mod.
  • This is a cosmetic issue and goes away when you relog to the main menu again for the game to read changes in the server's database.

Ah, that's unfortunate. If it bothers you, file a support ticket. Since it's ultimately a UI bug, they can probably restore the magic FSD, although you're likely out the materials you spent fiddling with it.
I've logged a support ticket, so lets see what happens. Not too concerned about the engineering materials as I'm always salvaging materials from the ships I destroy and my home station has a manufactured materials trader - so I just traded an excess of other things to replace what I used that I do need for other planned engineering mods..

Slightly misleading title there, since 'Apply mass manager (or any other experimental effect) to the Community Goal FSDs because they're absolutely fine' would be a more accurate attempt.

Dear people complaining about this thread title - I cannot change it once written (but I can and did change the post contents to be more accurate) and I figured out the problem with the UI and FSD after posting it. So.... chill out!

Dear people complaining about this thread title - I cannot change it once written (but I can and did change the post contents to be more accurate) and I figured out the problem with the UI and FSD after posting it. So.... chill out!
You can report your own thread to the moderators and ask them to change the title for you.

Well, FDev support cannot help and advised not to engineer CG reward modules in case of problems like this.
So maybe my warning is not so misplaced.
Hoping tech brokers will offer these some time soon.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom