Warning! Thargoid fight, they learned?

I'm soloing Thargoids this days, done a few fights. Who fight whit them knows the tactic: when a heart destroyed, the ship some times launches organic missiles, or the shutdown field, or both. But you can easily boost away from the caustic missile. I also soloed a few today, nothing new happened until now.
The last fight brought me a huge surprise: after the 2. heart was destroyed I just boosted away, no shutdown field, no missiles, my fighter and the swarm still chasing each other, after a while I was about tho turn around, start the next stage, when the Interceptor caught up AND SURPRISE: "energy surge detected" :O what? ok neutralizer active bwoom, done :cool: in half a second boom caustic missile in the face :O

Tldr: that Interceptor obviously kept it back the shutdown field and missile attack until caught me close!!

(sorry if there is grammar errors etc. I'm not native English )

I'm soloing Thargoids this days, done a few fights. Who fight whit them knows the tactic: when a heart destroyed, the ship some times launches organic missiles, or the shutdown field, or both. But you can easily boost away from the caustic missile. I also soloed a few today, nothing new happened until now.
The last fight brought me a huge surprise: after the 2. heart was destroyed I just boosted away, no shutdown field, no missiles, my fighter and the swarm still chasing each other, after a while I was about tho turn around, start the next stage, when the Interceptor caught up AND SURPRISE: "energy surge detected" :O what? ok neutralizer active bwoom, done :cool: in half a second boom caustic missile in the face :O

Tldr: that Interceptor obviously kept it back the shutdown field and missile attack until caught me close!!

(sorry if there is grammar errors etc. I'm not native English )

Some weeks ago, when fighting a goid in a Cobra with my wingmates, I received the following combo:

1) Boosted to the back of the goid, Missiles blasting its hull/flesh.
2) Thargoid turns towards me
3) "Missile alert", and I see all the Thargons becoming missiles.
4) Yellow ray of death blocks my ship... just before I could activate the ECM. Cobra destroyed.

Sheer luck or AI combo? Who knows.

I fought another one now, and it was a normal fight. Maybe there is really a skill difference between some Thargoids, like harmless/elite npc-s. But most of the time its feels like all the same. The tactics always the same, after a heart destruction a shield goes up, then immediately the shut down field and organic missiles (if use it at all) but in the mentioned fight that Thargoid holded that specific attack back for almost a min, and used only when she arrived near my ship. This I think cant be just random skill usage, but yeah, Who knows.

I fought another one now, and it was a normal fight. Maybe there is really a skill difference between some Thargoids, like harmless/elite npc-s. But most of the time its feels like all the same. The tactics always the same, after a heart destruction a shield goes up, then immediately the shut down field and organic missiles (if use it at all) but in the mentioned fight that Thargoid holded that specific attack back for almost a min, and used only when she arrived near my ship. This I think cant be just random skill usage, but yeah, Who knows.

I am pretty certain the Thargoids have combat ratings, and I'm also pretty certain the ratings have nothing to do with the Logogram just above the Thargoid "Eye".

I am thinking the same. I always watch the Logogram, but can't found any link to skills. Most of them seems the same, but then suddenly a ship whit the same Logogram like before just shreds my ship easily. No matter the Logogram is full or only small spots.

I am thinking the same. I always watch the Logogram, but can't found any link to skills. Most of them seems the same, but then suddenly a ship whit the same Logogram like before just shreds my ship easily. No matter the Logogram is full or only small spots.

I believe the logogram does not have anything to do with the Thargoid's skill level, but with something else. Maybe roles, identification marks, origin indicators and so on.

Top Bottom