Water Tool Needs Major Improvements

I understand that if you want to extend a lake or a river that you have to drain it. Although that isn't as realistic as it sounds. However, having already had water in a river or lake and draining it so that you can extend the river or lake and come to find that water can't be placed back into the river or lake is a major problem. I shouldn't have to dig the previous trench even deeper in order to place water back into the lake or river.

Also have found the water tool to be unpleasantly finicky. I'm not sure what kind of checks the water tool is running to see if placement is valid, but I'd prefer it didn't. Let me flood my map or see a weird floating water volume if that's what it comes to, and then let me correct it really easily so my water is perfect. More control over the water and water bodies in general would be much appreciated.

Also have found the water tool to be unpleasantly finicky. I'm not sure what kind of checks the water tool is running to see if placement is valid, but I'd prefer it didn't. Let me flood my map or see a weird floating water volume if that's what it comes to, and then let me correct it really easily so my water is perfect. More control over the water and water bodies in general would be much appreciated.

Agreed. I was thinking the exact same thing. Buildings, fences, pathways should all be irrelevant when trying to set the water table. It should be a simple 'fill' that has no 'checks'. If one floods their park there is an 'undo' button they can click and try again.

Top Bottom