Powerplay way of making powerplay more fun and rewarding

Just a IDEA, to make powerplay more interesting than merit grinding, why not have special rewards given to those who have earned them ( I am not talking about special discounts ), for example blueprints for a special ship, blueprints for special classed modules & weapons. The blueprints could be handed into the relevant factions similar to merits, where they can be turned into usable objects once you have enough of them. I personally have tried powerplay and have not enjoyed my experience, I know this is like marmite - you either love it ( for the political role players out there ) or hate it. The blueprints could be awarded to commanders who have committed themselves to their factions and done special hard missions. You could even offer optimization of current modules has a reward like for example increased sensor ranges, more power output, better shield strength etc ... I know I would work hard for a faction if the reward was a lot better.

A further thought, is that it could be easily implemented, so that only the MINOR factions offer such incentives & rewards, Thus making it more viable and more encouraging, to signing up to these factions, instead of the usual 3 suspects.

Powerplay needs some sort of injection of something other than a commanders personal/political belief.

Last edited:
For a start to make it more rewarding would be to fix the merit decay to stop it being grindy. Been doing power play for the last 4 weeks and all I have done is grind merits to just try and maintain rank 4. I have not had time to do anything else, the merit decay needs to be fixed.

Top Bottom