We want to translate E:D into Korean

Hello, this is Inara Korean translation team. We have recently successfully translated Inara. After Inara's translation, we managed to find a way to translate the game, and after a meeting with our team members, we decided to create our own external program. I am thinking of analyzing the text on the screen with OCR and printing it as an overlay. However, I understand that this method has limitations in quality. Therefore, I would like to suggest something to the Frontier before making the program. I understand that the reason Frontier does not allow user translation is because the story of the game may be leaked. If so, please allow user translation of any elements other than the story. We are not interested in the story of the game. Korea is not the tomb of science fiction. In fact, there have been cases where the number of users has increased by more than 6,000 since Star Citizen's translation was completed in Korea. In addition, there has been a case where the movie Interstellar was a box office hit in Korea with more than 10 million viewers. At the same time as translating, I am working as a vice manager of the Korean community.
I've seen at least 1,000 people in our community withdraw shortly after joining the community. What they have in common is that they can't speak English. If you really want to make the game a hit, if you want to attract more users, I think localization is the answer. I don't think it's a bad request for frontier development. I don't know if the management will read this, but if you do, please consider and reply.

Back
Top Bottom