General Weapon engineering require whole reworking.

Weapon modding is A MESS!
Making things like optic or bigger magazine as permanent and non-removable is hilarious.
Just make weapon engineering like it was with ships.
Let players add optics, silencers or laser sights etc as outfitting option. Everything with different visuals. And removable/interchangable.
And let mod specific things like RoF, projectile speed, projectile visibility, accuracy, damage etc as engineering option. Which can be removable.

Same for suits.
Bigger pouches, jetpacks, bigger ammo etc as outfitting option. And removable/interchangable.
But let us engineer things like battery charge, shield things, resistances etc. Which can be removable.

Weapon/Suit level from 1 to 5 which makes them Significally stronger is complete oof.
Let those levels increase stats but by a little and adding new modding slot to item.

AND REDUCE MATERIAL AMOUNT needed for upgrades!
That's HOURS of grinding!

Even ship can be 5-graded much faster than simple little Karma pistol.
That's why people start be be bored. That's why grinding/relogging issue present.
That's why you need to hear players.

Thanks for attention!

The amounts (and RNG required in finding) the materials are insane.

The fact that you can't undo mods is even more insane and really really discourages experimentation.

At least on a ship you can try out an experimental and if it doesn't work out you can just put on a different one without having to junk all the engineering and start again.

Agreed on all fronts. Not being able to remove a scope in the year 3037 is very much so you have to grind a different weapon out. I also find it difficult to believe that only underground engineers can add or upgrade scopes. Engineering mods should most definitely be the quirky side as stated in the OP; rate of fire, projectile speed, other oddities. Ship engineering make more sense; a lot of propriety goods not on the regular market for aftermarket upgrades, some ofwhich are very exotic and I'm sure violates any space Genevas. But guns and suits are jsut thing slike scopes, magazine capacity, bigger back pack, night vision, etc.

The materials need a drastic reduction in amounts, and wha tto unlock other engineers. Cough, 40 opinion polls, cough.

I still love the game but Odyssey engineering is a mess.

Been talking about engineering mods and upgrades for weapons and suits in Steam. I mentioned that, as a miner I like riding around in my SRV gathering things...why cant I sell the ores I dont need to others so they dont need to gather them for themselves? If theres a need theres a market so do all the upgrades just like now ,BUT let people like me mine the surface rocks and sell them to people who hate mining.

Ya agree with most of this.

1 - Materials should be sellable/tradable. It creates a whole new market which means trades will get more spread out increasing overall value since peoples game play will be less focused on just mining/combat for credits grind.

2 - Odyssey should have added 2 types of new materials for manufactured, raw, encoded... adding as much as they did and it being souly unique to ground game play makes it feel like a mini game within the larger game, rather than one homogeneous experience.

3 - 100% agree with OP about being able to remove and rearrange most weapon/suit engineering, that seems common sense.

Back
Top Bottom