Weather? Ice Age near again?

Temperate European map: 29. of Juli (high summer!) - but we have -2° and heavy snowfall. 😂 😂 😂
What about global warming?
Pic coming later. Have to practice singing carols first.

Yeah, the weather in PZ doesn't exactly follow the actual date ingame, which is admitedly a little annoying but well, there are way more game breaking things going around than the next ice age xD

To be fair, although it isn't the norm, -2 is not unusual in europe and we do get some weird weather even in July! I'm not sure that the in-game calendar reflects actual seasons at all - I haven't noticed that is colder in the winter months.

I'm not sure that the in-game calendar reflects actual seasons at all - I haven't noticed that is colder in the winter months.

It doesn't, but it isn't supposed to. The weather effects are essentially a fun gimmick designed to add a layer of challenge to gameplay; the celandar is there to keep track of important events, animal aging, and so on.

Not directed at you specifically but I find it odd that so many people expected the weather to reflect the actual in-game date.

Tbh was surprised the first time I saw it - didn't expect snow in the summer.
I do understand a shift after several years

Like the earlier comment, don't bother much with the actual date. Its a challenge gimmick.
Except no snow for several years and putting coolers in your habitats… in the North Pole….. that's seems a bit off.
Most likely you picked that biome to focus on specific species.

So we can request few things... although it wont be added in game ... but thinking about it I feel good. It would have been cool.
1. Weather as per actual calendar with few fluctuations. Or may be they match real world weather from internet. Wind effect also if possible on trees.
2. People dress as per weather, tshirt, shorts or heavy jackets & pullovers as per location and weather
3. Trees flower and shed leaves as per weather in game

Yes for whatever reason the weather feels worse for me.
I would simply like, that the weather "somewhat" corresponds to the date and region. I had from "0 up to 4 times winter within a year,combined with snow in buildings/enclosed habitats even with heaters it's ....unpleasant....

Or may be they match real world weather from internet.
as the game is not real-time and the years are passing by like in the movie time machine...that's not suitable...

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
The reason the weather in-game isn't tied to the in-game calendar year is because a year is 18 minutes long, and we thought it'd become boring and repetitive for each season to last an average of 4.5 minutes, especially as weather impacts your animals and guests behaviours and needs. Therefore, we decided that each biome would have the temperature and weather you would expect to see randomised instead.

This is a valid argument, so maybe those "years" were the weather shifts multiple times from subzero to 30°C... are some kind of april-year?

This is a valid argument, so maybe those "years" were the weather shifts multiple times from subzero to 30°C... are some kind of april-year?
It's a failed Experiment to control the Weather and now we have Snow in the Summer and 30°C in the Winter 😆

It would be great if we could choose in the Settings if we want realistic Weather

Last edited:
The reason the weather in-game isn't tied to the in-game calendar year is because a year is 18 minutes long, and we thought it'd become boring and repetitive for each season to last an average of 4.5 minutes, especially as weather impacts your animals and guests behaviours and needs. Therefore, we decided that each biome would have the temperature and weather you would expect to see randomised instead.

Boring and repetitive, probably, but it would certainly be annoying. I love the weather effects as much as the next person but having snow once every eighteen minutes would be an extreme nuisance. 😅

I do wish there was a little more leeway on how animals react to weather, though; obviously temperature extremes can cause problems, but it can be irritating when an animal voluntarily wanders away from a heater/cooler into another part of the habitat and then complains about the cold almost immediately. Usually I try and restrict heaters to indoor or covered areas such as hard shelters for the sake of realism, and although the animals do usually focus on these areas when they need to they still quite often decide to go for a mad dash through the snow, stop, complain that it's cold, and then, eventually, return to the heater.

Usually I try and restrict heaters to indoor or covered areas such as hard shelters for the sake of realism, and although the animals do usually focus on these areas when they need to they still quite often decide to go for a mad dash through the snow, stop, complain that it's cold, and then, eventually, return to the heater.
This happens a lot with my Gorillas.
Also some Animals aren't as cold resistant as they should be. Bactrian Camels for example don't need the Temperature as high as in the Game. In Parts of their natural Distribution Range, they experience way lower Temperatures

This happens a lot with my Gorillas.
Also some Animals aren't as cold resistant as they should be. Bactrian Camels for example don't need the Temperature as high as in the Game. In Parts of their natural Distribution Range, they experience way lower Temperatures

Yes that is rather annoying with the camels. The whole point of their evolutionary morphology is that they are supposed to be able to endure negative degrees during desert nights and in the unique winters of Central Asia. I wonder if Frontier was originally planning on the dromedary, added all the coding and the decor, and then changed their minds and went with the domestic Bactrian instead.

Edit: I suppose it's also possible they planned on the dromedary, said to their guy, "Make a camel", and said guy went with the Bactrian on his own accord without realising they meant the dromedary. 😂

Top Bottom