News Web App Update #1 (01/02/2013)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Web App Update #1 (01/02/2013)

Welcome to the first Elite: Dangerous web app update. These updates will keep you informed on changes and key information used to manage your pledge rewards for Elite: Dangerous. Game updates will be provided via the newsletter, forums and Kickstarter.

Private Forums
To access the Private Backers, Design Decision and Writers forums you first need to sign up for our regular forums (if you haven't already). To do this, visit: http://forums.frontier.co.uk/

Once you have your username you should add it to the Private Forum Access form in the web app. Make sure it is exactly the same, incorrect details will delay you being granted access. On Monday 4th February we will process the provided usernames and assign forum permissions. We will then periodically update the permissions as new members are added.

Commander Names
On Monday 4th February we will begin the process of locking down the commander names. During this time the form will be locked. Make sure you check the web app from time to time, to see if your name has been approved or whether you need to enter a different name when the form is unlocked once more..

We will not enter into any discussion about why a name wasn't approved and all decisions are final.

As a general warning if you've picked characters from Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica or any other sci-fi series and you didn't pledge early, then you may want to consider changing your name, as many of these are already in high demand.

T-Shirt Sizes
You can now select T-shirt sizes for add-ons (we'll deal with the T-shirts contained in the premium boxset separately), please make sure to do so before Monday February 11th.

Concept Prints
There will be a poll to select the short list of concept prints in the Private Backers forum as from Monday February 4th, this poll will last for a week. In the following week you will be able to pick from the selected shortlist.

For all pledge add-on deliveries we need the information entering by Monday February 11th. We can then order the goods and get them delivered. Don't worry if you don't make this deadline, there will be another opportunity to get these ordered.

Finally if you run into problems then you can email us at: edbackers@frontier.co.uk

Thanks,

Michael

If you'd like to know more about the development of Elite: Dangerous you can find lots of information at elite.frontier.co.uk, on our active forums and on our facebook page.

Last edited:
Ah, I already sent mail asking why I could not see any T-shirt stuff but now I see that the box sets will be dealt with separately. Sorry for the unnecessary e-mail.

Any chance the box set t-shirts might be different models from the pledge upgrade ones (i.e. no "I backed..." text on the back)?

Ah, I already sent mail asking why I could not see any T-shirt stuff but now I see that the box sets will be dealt with separately. Sorry for the unnecessary e-mail.

Any chance the box set t-shirts might be different models from the pledge upgrade ones (i.e. no "I backed..." text on the back)?

Yeah, we need to see what the T Shirt is actually going to look like, both front and back. If it does come with some dumb message on the back, I'd rather go with a mug.

Just a note for people living outside the UK that ordered "add ons" ie mugs, soundtracks etc.

You may have noticed that the web app incorrectly, does not charge you £15 for the add ons so you will be required to leave £15 in your account. If you have spent it you will need to add it via paypal etc.

Now why the £15 for add ons ? Well if you recall from the FAQ on the KS, you pay £15 for reward items (eg premium box) and you need a separate payment of £15 for any number of "add ons" to the same address, thus the maximum postage for overseas people for physical items received is £30.

example 1
Premium Box reward level overseas = £15 postage
Add ons (Mug, Soundtrack, signed art print) = £15 postage
Web app incorrectly does not charge you the second £15.

Total postage owed £30 postage.

Example 2
Premium Box reward level overseas - £15 postage
No add ons
Web app handles this perfectly

Total postage owed £15 postage

If overseas people that purchased "add ons" please ensure there is £15 postage in credit as the web app incorrectly did not charge this hence people thought "wow I have an extra £15" when in fact they didn't.

:)

commanderr names after Monday 4th February

Will it still be possible to claim commander names after Monday 4th February?

my pledge is still being processed via paypall..

Help :)

Where do I complete this step as the instructions are not very clear to me

"Once you have your username you should add it to the Private Forum Access form in the web app. Make sure it is exactly the same, incorrect details will delay you being
granted access. We will periodically update the permissions as new members are added;
please be aware that the process can take up to a full business day"

Where do I complete this step as the instructions are not very clear to me

"Once you have your username you should add it to the Private Forum Access form in the web app. Make sure it is exactly the same, incorrect details will delay you being
granted access. We will periodically update the permissions as new members are added;
please be aware that the process can take up to a full business day"

If you have chosen a pledge tier of £85 and above then you should see a form to input your forum username on the main rewards page of the web app. If you have not pledged at this level it will not be visible though.

Gift Acounts

Hi, I was wondering if there is a idea of when those with gift pledges will have their own login for the web app, so they can manage their account without having to go through the gift giver's account?

Thanks, Commander Powelll

I haven't logged in for a longtime, back when we were using the old login app thing, and before the online store came online etc. Last time i logged in i was able to see my pledge level etc.

Anyway the info i recorded under 'Elite Dangerous Backers' now gives me this screen:

https://elite.frontier.co.uk/backer...edentials+you+entered+don't+match+our+records.

So it looks like my pledge has gone/got lost? Or is there a way i can get back to see my pledge details?

UPDATE EDIT:

Ok, i just had to do the 'reset password' thing (it was that long ago when i last logged on!). Everything is working again now, i can see my digital only pledge (same as before in the old backers app) in the new log in screen. So everything is working as it should :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom