Well I managed it. Horizons Live (4.0) working on my xbox via GeForce Now.

Well, I did it. Took a while too.

X-box commander transferred to PC and then the whole rigmarole (is that a real word?) to get it back over to console. I had to use a C.O.L (c :poop: ppy old laptop, which has no chance of running elite), and I didn't have a steam account for the xbox commander's email. So here's what I had to do in order to get Elite Horizons Live running on the x-box.

1. Copy x-box commander to PC (Quite painless, ready in five to ten minutes).
  2. Using the C.O.L. Register for Geforce Now free account and find out that it will only run ED from the steam store or the Epic store, so I've got to get a steam key for my account.
  3. Install the Elite Launcher from the link on the transfer Portal.
  4. Registered the account using the launcher (You need to do this in order for the steam keys to become available).
  5. Register a new steam account, using the same email as the xbox commander's address.
  6. Download Steam on C.O.L.
  7. Link your new fdev account to your new steam account and get the relevant keys.
  8. Go back to Steam and register the game with the keys (The game then automatically started downloading on C.O.L. and I couldn't stop it. Annoying!)
  9. While that was happening, log into Geforce Now and link your new steam account to the GeForce now account.
  10. Look for Elite on Geforce Now and get it from your linked steam account (It will take a little while to install).
  11. Test Elite Running on the C.O.L. using either Chrome or Edge (I use edge because it is faster), although any chromium browser should do. Do not use the Geforce Now App unless your C.O.L. has an nvidia card in it.
  12. Uninstall Steam and the Elite Launcher from C.O.L.
  13. Install Edge on the Xbox and make sure it's up to date.
  14. Login to Geforce Now using the Xbox Edge.
  15. Select Elite and let it run.
As far as performance was concerned, it was perfectly fine, as long as you don't mind the resolution being about 1080p .There was a little bit of lag but nothing that really annoyed me, but I am on quite a fast internet connection (despite the issues virgin have been having this week).

So Cmdr PhoenixDfake in the Shiny Sidey is back and will continue the long plod to Colonian in a 14.5 ly Sidewinder.

number 11
All IGPU brands will run the Chromium GeForce now app windows app... Its not nvidia bound...
There are restrictions on IGPU compliance level but Intell and AMD make patato PC IGPU that will run the app... you dont need a graphics card...
A 64-bit version of Windows 7, or newer, is required. We recommend using the latest version of Windows 10 Anniversary update. We do not support 32-bit versions of Windows.
You could borrow a better computer or mac to do the set up.... and link steam and epic and ubisoft accounts on the web sites and then delete if all from that computer ...

A reminder
As a warning you now have access to full PC graphics and Free to play PC level graphics games.. it can get harder and harder to not play those games that look so much better...
The Free tier uses 2070 GPU, the first paid for tiers use 2080 and 3060s GPU and thats all you need for Xbox web browser...
Paid tier have virtually no waiting these days...

The free tier can have extreme long wait times these days due to its over popularity...

Last edited:
i have hopes that there will be an official Geforce Now App for Xbox soon.
Ran ED on GFN in Xbox Edge Browser at first with GFN Ultimate RTX 4080, but then realized about the higher resolutions I can run ED in the GFN App on Mac.
in Edge Browser the resolution is limited to 1080p I guess. The native App I can go up to 4k

i have hopes that there will be an official Geforce Now App for Xbox soon.
Ran ED on GFN in Xbox Edge Browser at first with GFN Ultimate RTX 4080, but then realized about the higher resolutions I can run ED in the GFN App on Mac.
in Edge Browser the resolution is limited to 1080p I guess. The native App I can go up to 4k
Unlikely, for same reasons there isn‘t an official iOS app and there won’t be Nintendo Switch or PlayStation apps either. All of those respective stores have prohibitively restrictive rules for apps that themselves provide access to other apps.

Unlikely, for same reasons there isn‘t an official iOS app and there won’t be Nintendo Switch or PlayStation apps either. All of those respective stores have prohibitively restrictive rules for apps that themselves provide access to other apps.
I know.but afaik MS announced some kind of deal with Nvidia,that xbox games will be available on GFN soon.

Top Bottom