General / Off-Topic What a lovely day.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
Nostalgia overload today.

Myself, my friend, and my sister and her new husband spent the day at Legoland Windsor. I hadn't been for about fifteen years...

I'm not gonna' lie guys, there was a lot of happy memories brought back to surface today. That park is one of the few places on Earth that has no negative associations for me. I'd been wanting to return for some time now.

And the verdict? It's still great! I'm astounded that the old lego constructs from when I was 7-9 years old are mostly still there, and some of the attractions really show off the classic Lego franchises of the late nineties and early 2000's. For me that was a big plus. Some things that were pushed back deep in the memory logs have been shoved right back to the spotlight, and for once, that is a very good thing for me.

Deleted member 110222

D
Weather was great around the area today too.
Frequented plenty of pubs but never been to Legoland or the castle for that matter
That it was. Rides were a blast, if terrifying.

Should have left the jumper at home TBH.

Deleted member 110222

D
Well that's the main thing about plastics and a real point of contention, innit. They kind of don't go away. :LOL:
Well yeah, but space is limited and after 15 years, I think I'd be forgiven for thinking many models would be removed to make space for new exhibits. :p

Turns out, instead of throwing them away, the older models are mostly still being used to add to the newer items. That's quite nice.

Top Bottom