What animals are definetly off the table?

Niche species like amazing African civet or Somali wild 😔
😨 I hope not. Especially because I would also love a Donkey in the Game.

🤔 New Guinea Singing Dog might be off the Table. Even though their Vocalizations seem to be very interesting (didn't hear them yet. I'll search it on YouTube after I've written this). They are also cool because they are a Dog that can climb. They look just very similar to the Dingo, so I don't think they'll make it into the Game (except maybe if they someday create some easy to make Bonus Animals)

😨 I hope not. Especially because I would also love a Donkey in the Game.

🤔 New Guinea Singing Dog might be off the Table. Even though their Vocalizations seem to be very interesting (didn't hear them yet. I'll search it on YouTube after I've written this). They are also cool because they are a Dog that can climb. They look just very similar to the Dingo, so I don't think they'll make it into the Game (except maybe if they someday create some easy to make Bonus Animals)
With dozens more popular species from Africa i think they don’t have real chances, but I would loved to be proved wrong

Last edited:
🤔 I assume Northern White Rhinoceros, Indri, Great White Shark, Mountain Gorilla, Sumatran Rhino
Why not the Sumatran Rhino? They are definitely not in the same category as the others. They have even been bred in captivity and kept in captivity until very recently. I think they would make a fantastic addition to the game.

Why not the Sumatran Rhino? They are definitely not in the same category as the others. They have even been bred in captivity and kept in captivity until very recently. I think they would make a fantastic addition to the game.
Because they aren't kept in Zoos anymore. But if it is really true that the Titan Beetle isn't kept in Zoos at all, maybe they would still include it. I just hope we won't get the Northern White Rhinoceros but the Southern White Rhinoceros instead because the northern Subspecies wouldn't make much Sense in the Game

I'd say the Sumatran rhino won't make it in because it seems likely that they're finished with Asia now. I mean, nobody can say for certain, but the SEA Pack felt like a bit of a "hurrah" for Frontier on that front. I'm an advocate for its inclusion but I don't see it as likely.

As for other options, I'm willing to say cetaceans and extinct animals will definitely never make it in, and about three million other especially niche animals.

I'd say the Sumatran rhino won't make it in because it seems likely that they're finished with Asia now. I mean, nobody can say for certain, but the SEA Pack felt like a bit of a "hurrah" for Frontier on that front. I'm an advocate for its inclusion but I don't see it as likely.
I don't think Asia is finished. I assume we'll at least still get some kind of Gibbon, a Leopard and Przewalski's Horse

Because they aren't kept in Zoos anymore. But if it is really true that the Titan Beetle isn't kept in Zoos at all, maybe they would still include it. I just hope we won't get the Northern White Rhinoceros but the Southern White Rhinoceros instead because the northern Subspecies wouldn't make much Sense in the Game
Yes, I know what you mean, but what I was trying to say is, they are not a no-no species to be kept in captivity. The only reason why we don't have them in zoo collections anymore is the remaining few were sent to Indonesia 5-10 years ago to help with the breeding program there involving all remaining specimens. Hopefully if that breeding program proves to be a success and their population can bounce back, we can see them exhibited in zoos in the future. Definitely not soon though.

For this reason, I wouldn't place them in the same category as some of the no-no animals like the mountain gorilla, leatherback sea turtle and great white shark.

The only no-no Asian rhino in a zoo game I can think of is probably the Javan rhino. The last one in captivity was exhibited more than 100 years ago. It was exhibited as an Indian rhino. They don't fare well in captivity and we don't know yet if modern methods can overcome this difficulty, so we can assume they are a no-no species for the time being.

I would love tho see Sumatran rhino in the game to raise the species awareness among the players. This rhino is barely known to the wider audience.

I used To not want the Sumatran rhino in the game but I do agree now that having it in would raise awareness and the species needs as much as they can get right now. On the topic of the Javan rhino I don’t think they should be in but in real life we do need to talk about the fact that they are increasing in population steadily and they’re going to need new living spaces as the national park that they live in gets overcrowded with rhinos. They are currently trying to find a new habitat for rhinos as their population gets too big for ujon kulong national park

I don't think Asia is finished. I assume we'll at least still get some kind of Gibbon, a Leopard and Przewalski's Horse
I'm expecting an endangered species pack down the line for a leopard. I guess what I mean is that they likely won't do another "regional" pack for Asia. That said, the Sumatran rhinoceros would basically be a perfect fit for an endangered species theme, but I still don't think it's likely - mostly because both the leopard and the wild horse are more popular requests. Whatever the case I don't think the exclusion will be because it isn't in zoos anymore - it simply won't make the cut over other species.

I suspect, much as everyone wants it - there won't be flying animals in the game. If it's true they're likely to support the game only for another year or so, that's not long enough to develop an entirely new 'environment' system (they'd have to find a way to treat 'air' as a volume that animals can interact with), build the animals, work out the inevitable bugs and etc. They've already started on the aquatic side of things so my guess is they'll continue with that (probably not cetaceans but there are other options).

I also don't expect brachiating animals - same reason, they're probably not interested in investing the time to develop a new, moderately complex animation set for this in a game that is not the game of the company's heart.

Most likely, we'll see continued expansion of relatively classic animals that don't require a whole new system to exist, some probably relatively minor re-developments of existing rigs. We may see more diving animals/additions to existing aquatic animals.

I do think they will avoid cetaceans especially orcas. It's just too controversial and I can't really see the benefit to Frontier adding them and risking bad publicity/boycotting when they have so many other options. Times have changed since the days of Zoo Tycoon.

I also don't think we'll see prehistoric or imaginary animals - it just doesn't fit in with the feel of the game and they have lots of extant options. For similar reasons I also wouldn't expect any animal with little or no zoo representation. Petting zoos are probably not going to happen either.

Top Bottom