What animals would you love that you think are "unpopular" / rarely asked for?

My personal choices are the przewalski's horse
MBS_Phorse_blog_040120.jpg

and the sloth bear
Sloth-Bear-shot.jpeg

Actually just monkeys in general. Apes are well covered (we need gibbons of course), lemurs I would like to see more of, but 2 species feels fair.
But monkeys really lack diversity in the game, 3 species doesn't cover it.
Occasionally I see people request smaller South American species as well as baboons and barbary macaques, but beside from that people doesn't seem to care about them.

It almost seem like a big part of the community just doesn't like primates.

Monkeys are important zoo animals. They are very entertaining and active animals to watch. Their enclosures are often easy to fit in between larger habitats. They bring life above ground level, and many species work well in tropical domes and similar.

I agree, I think there are some gaps missing with monkeys. I would love an Indian monkey, like the common Langur, Indian themed areas feel incomplete without them. And at least another monkey from Asia (saimang? proboscis monkey?) I think is needed. The howler monkey would also be fantastic. Other than that, I understand people wanting to prioritize groups that are not represented or barely represented at all yet, like mustelids, rodents, viverrids, deer, pinnipeds, and flying birds. But two or three more monkeys (as long as they don't take slots away from more needed animals) and I would be very happy!

More small to mid-sized animals. Monkeys. Birds (LOTS of birds, enough to make an aviary worthwhile). Some kind of boar or pig. So many things. Definitely second the idea of Frontier just pumping out DLC packs for a decade; I’d love to top at least 200 different species in total.

I'd like to see the patagonian mara. I remember the first time I saw them at the zoo I thought they looked like a deer/rabbit/guinea pig cross. I'd also like a burmese or indian rock python even though I know they would be an exhibit animal. Red river hogs are interesting looking too. The giant south american river turtle would be interesting too, it could be a habitat animal.

Last edited:
I'd say the small-to-medium sized animals are the most lacking in the current roster.
  • Small carnivorans are really underrepresented. I'd pick the Binturong, Ocelot, Pallas's Cat, Coati, Tanuki, Fennec Fox and Honey Badger.
  • Primates also could do with some more variety: Lion-tailed Macaque, Guereza, Sifaka or Howler Monkey.
  • There are also many interesting ungulates that haven't got included such as the Red river hog, Babirusa, any kind of deer, Addax, Japanese serow and Eland.
  • Also exotic mammals like the Echidna

Regarding birds that could fit in the current system I'd say any kind of crane, any Kiwi, the Secretary Bird and the Shoebill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom