What do exploited and controlled systems mean in terms of role-play?

I'm trying to pick a home system for my character based on who I back in PP.

Does exploited system mean the super power is kinda 'using' that system and not necessarily treating them right? Would that system's population kinda NOT like the super power. Where as a controlled system is a happy, supporting system?

Not sure the terms mean how the population regards the power , just what 'stage' the PP power is at in that system, you could always make up a roleplay reason for the term and stick to that perhaps.

I’d always taken Powerplay control to equal who’s making the money out of a system rather than the faction rulers which is BGS

A control system is where the admin of a PP 'bubble' is, and where undermining is done. Its like a mini capital in a way.

An exploited system is one which falls under the influence of the control system which exploits its CC value (which is based on factors like population).

A control system is where the admin of a PP 'bubble' is, and where undermining is done. Its like a mini capital in a way.

An exploited system is one which falls under the influence of the control system which exploits its CC value (which is based on factors like population).
So, realistically and for lore reasons, the exploited system might NOT be as loyalist as a controlled system would be.

Frontier haven't said a lot about exactly what control/exploit represents, but they did make clear when the major Federal military base of Beta Hydri became an ALD Control system early on in Powerplay that it was a very "soft" and indirect form of power, and not anything that would noticeably affect the Federation military presence there.

So, realistically and for lore reasons, the exploited system might NOT be as loyalist as a controlled system would be.
It may also depend a bit on how the exploited system itself is run. There's a lot of potential gradations based on the in-game effects that you can use to tune how happy the local system is with it.

So for example, Hudson gives +20% security to Federal exploited systems ... and -40% security to the others. Or Patreus gives +30% volume and +5% price to high value goods trade in Imperial exploited systems ... and -5% price in the others. So some might be happier with the arrangement than others.

You can also look at the Control ethos for the power relative to the governing minor faction - for example, Mahon has the Finance Control ethos, which is strong against Corporations, and weak against Communist, Cooperative, Feudal and Patronage. So an Alliance Corporation might be very happy to be exploited by Mahon, while an Imperial Patronage would absolutely hate it.

Top Bottom