What do i do with these Guardian Items?

So i watched some youtube guides about the Guardian modules, like the FSD booster, and when i came to the planet there was the expected Guardian site but also 3 Ancient Ruins sites. Well being the curious type i decided to go take a look at the ruins first, not expecting much beyond sight seeing and maybe something to put in the discover log, since they are ruins after all, but there are big pillars that can be scanned and i also found these items and i have no idea what they are for.

Can anyone help with this?

The guides i watched show you how to get the Guardian module materials, but didn't show anything about the stuff at the Ancient ruins.

Attachments

• Untitled1212.jpg
    Untitled1212.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 182
I'm not sure if one can sell them and if so, how much. I do know that those items were sought after items when doing the RAM TAH mission's.

I'm not sure if one can sell them and if so, how much. I do know that those items were sought after items when doing the RAM TAH mission's.

Well i jumped back to New Growth Station in the Pencil Sector, and got a screen shot here for prices of those Guardian items. They are listed as Salvage.

Apparently you are supposed to look at the symbols displayed by each of those triangle things with the glowing section that you can scan, Then you either go and collect from around the site you are at, or if you have already collected some and put them in your ship, go back to your ship and get whatever two items that matches those symbols into your gargo hold in the SRV then go scan the triangle pillars (sorry forrgot what they arre called). For me, it always said the same thing no matter what, which is why i asked for help here. I spotted this video which shows the symbols.

Symbols are displayed at 5:09 in the video
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orh8ochpkF4

Attachments

• Guardian Items Prices.jpg
    Guardian Items Prices.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 230
Ram Tah mission pays less than it did originally but it still a few million cr's if and when one completes the scanning using the various items you found. Using the items nets some data he utilizes. On the other hand, scanning the same obelisk without any of those items, will net some data that YOU can utilize if and when you want to utilize any Guardian Technology. I personally only just scanned the various obelisk to get the data utilize in obtaining the various Guardian mods.

IIRC (it's been some time) you needed them for the original Ram Tah missions. The correct combination of items in your SRV hold was necessary (for each Obelisk) to unlock/decode that specific Obelisk's data storage.
At a specific time, the mission was changed - Ram Tah had collected enough data, so now you get the decryption key for the Obelisk data/storyline per default in your SRV and don't need to lug around the various relics. That makes them only useful for sale - or, in the case of the Ancient Orb, for SRV football at player gatherings 😁.

At a specific time, the mission was changed - Ram Tah had collected enough data, so now you get the decryption key for the Obelisk data/storyline per default in your SRV and don't need to lug around the various relics. That makes them only useful for sale - or, in the case of the Ancient Orb, for SRV football at player gatherings 😁.
Erm, no. Both Ram Tah missions are still available and still work* as before.

* as in the first one is a bit broken as fdev have never managed to get all** the obelisks to display the correct unlock code - the ones on the Canonn site are correct even though they don't make what is displayed in-game.
** most are fine, it's just a few

So i watched some youtube guides about the Guardian modules, like the FSD booster, and when i came to the planet there was the expected Guardian site but also 3 Ancient Ruins sites. Well being the curious type i decided to go take a look at the ruins first, not expecting much beyond sight seeing and maybe something to put in the discover log, since they are ruins after all, but there are big pillars that can be scanned and i also found these items and i have no idea what they are for.

Can anyone help with this?

The guides i watched show you how to get the Guardian module materials, but didn't show anything about the stuff at the Ancient ruins.

They're pretty common once you're at a Guardian site, so when I got a lot in the margins of unlocking the Guardian FSD booster I just sold them to free up the cargo space. There's nothing there which can't be replaced if you ever find you need it down the track, so I figured I lost more by keeping it my hold taking up space.

Top Bottom