What happened to MCs?

NPCs did got better over the last few years. Definitely evolved since 1.0 lol. It looks like they also flying engineered ships every so often. I'm flying Cutter with somewhat similar configuration and overcharged MCs with corrosive ammo still a good choice when combined with efficient thermal vented beams. Most of the time it is enough to vaporize any NPC ship in no time, however I've also seen pretty tough ones. Not that long ago almost got my handed to me by Elite FDL in wing with 2 Vultures, which is not the end of the world usually.
You really need to rephrase the first part as NPCs didn't get 'better' - they got coded to 'exceed the game mechanics' beyond what a player can achieve. I won't use the other word as that sets the mods off. It's supposed to be fun I guess. But it's not.

What about High Cap on mutlis? Should I just switch to OC?

They way I figured it, I get way more ammo and twice as much in the clip, so it's more damage over time (as long as I can keep the target in my sights).

Are High Cap worth it or am I ignorant?

They way I figured it, I get way more ammo and twice as much in the clip, so it's more damage over time (as long as I can keep the target in my sights).

High Cap is only good if you don't want to synthesize and like to stay out for long periods of time. No fight is actually going to take enough time to burn through a significant portion of a MC's ammo unless you're trying to take down Corvettes in a Sidewinder or something.

OC, LR, Sturdy and RF are the most useful for MC in my opinion. Sturdy Small MC is more effective against ships with Hardness >=40 than an OC Small MC, for example.

High Cap is only good if you don't want to synthesize and like to stay out for long periods of time. No fight is actually going to take enough time to burn through a significant portion of a MC's ammo unless you're trying to take down Corvettes in a Sidewinder or something.

OC, LR, Sturdy and RF are the most useful for MC in my opinion. Sturdy Small MC is more effective against ships with Hardness >=40 than an OC Small MC, for example.

Thanks for the info.
Looks like I'm going back to Tod McQuinn later tonight......

Power creep happened. And because they totally overdid it with the power fantasy they thought they might as well buff the environment with not giving a single thought about balance. This game is only playable by grinding engineers.

Incendiary was nerfed by removing a hidden damage bonus (Multicannon Nerf), OC incendiary multicannons are no longer the meta for thermal damage - there is no longer any point to running Incendiary multicannons unless you need an even more efficient pulse laser otherwise. I'd change that Huge MC back to straight OC'ed w/Autoloader or oversized. I would think all those beams eat though your distro and would change at least two to long range pulse lasers w/phasing sequence to get a head start on hull damage before the shields go down.

Excellent advice- thank ya kindly

I use High Cap on my Corrosive MC to counteract the ammo decrease corrosive brings. The rest would be engineered as Overcharged with Auto-loader.

Rumor is that NPCs became bullet sponges in some recent update. I too noticed that MCs were not much better against hulls than my efficient beams, though I think some of that has to do with just how often my size 3 gimbaled MCs miss the target these days (despite being trained on it).

This issue is pretty-much resttricted to CZ's IMO.

I'm not one for doing the math's related to stuff like resistances and DPS but I can kill an Elite Annie in CNB/HazRES in about 20 seconds and it takes longer than that to kill something like an AspX in a CZ.

Did MCs get changed somehow? Has there been a nerf to corrosive or incendiary rounds? Should I be using different weapons for hull damage? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

MCs used to keep their synthesis ammo forever as a glitch, I believe. Also the CZ enemies have gotten much, much tougher. (and the missions that used to make them worthwhile are gone)

Top Bottom