What is fundamentally wrong with this game.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Very simple: you can REALLY hurt people by killing them.
Really hurt? Yes, because it will cost a player REAL-LIFE time to earn the rebuy back.

this-is-not-the-game-youre-looking-for.jpg

Really hurt? Yes, because it will cost a player REAL-LIFE time to earn the rebuy back.

That "real life time" is already gone before you kill them. They spent it playing a video game.
If they're not having fun while playing the game and only rely on their achievements to feel satisfied, you're not the one spoiling it for them.

It also costs real life time to get position back. It also costs real life time to engage with others in the first place.
Rebuys can also be so small that earning them back takes a single jump or less.

The rebuy on my Federal Corvette is around €35MCr - not something I can make back in a single jump. That said, don't take this to mean I agree with the OP. I don't really do PVP, but I do play in open, and that risk of loss is what contributes a significant amount of the excitement to me. In fact, I'd say its one of the many things that is fundamentally right about this game.

If you think ED is bad, you should try playing some classic video games (from the 80s and 90s) or even modern rouge-likes (eg something like Don't Starve).The kind where when you die or run out of lives, all progress is lost. Shock horror! Those pesky developers and their nefarious NPCs are always trying to waste our real-life time!

Or even better, try playing a multiplayer permadeath survival game like Day Z :)

Last edited:
I swear I get hurt any time I read a clickbait title and open a thread to find out there is actually nothing in it so lose 5% of my total forum time per day.

Furthermore, I get hurt any time my pizza delivery service gets 5 minutes late because I need to order new food since I have burnt 5% of my calories during that period of time.

and now i want pizza

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom