What is the excuse for these incredibly long FC jump waits?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Also depends on time of day, with respect to loading.

Here in England, Friday evening and Saturday afternoon and evening, I was experiencing jump times around 35-45 mins. This morning, around 10.30-11am...15m 41s.

As long as it doesn't go over an hour, I'm not too concerned. That said, if I was out on an exploration run, making multiple jumps, I might start to get a bit grumpy...

Per Pilot's Handbook: The standard jump time is 15 minutes, with short variations depending on system traffic and navigation telemetry checks. It would seem to me then increased system traffic or an ailment of some sort with navigation telemetry systems.

The question is when there were more FC why wasn't this more of an issue ? Why has it been a recent thing ( we had consoles and PC in the same instance ) . So what has changed ?
Perhaps, just as they've cut down on staff and budgets, server capacity has also been reduced.

I hope that guess is completely I accurate as long range FC travel is going to become a right ... thing.

IMO, it doesn't really need an excuse as such, so maybe the topic is already a bit inflammatory.

There is an explanation for the phenomena, and I note that the FD plan was for carrier jump times of 2 hours.

Still personally I think something changed with update 17, the propagation of newly calculated BGS to the various parts of the game also takes a lot longer.

The question is when there were more FC why wasn't this more of an issue ? Why has it been a recent thing ( we had consoles and PC in the same instance ) . So what has changed ?
My questions are when we’re PCs and Consoles in the same instance and why do you think there were more active carriers around in the past?

I haven’t been grinding or doing many of the recent credit goldmines but with exobiology I have earned enough for nearly two FCs since about when the maelstroms started to appear so I think carrier numbers have never been higher.

My questions are when we’re PCs and Consoles in the same instance and why do you think there were more active carriers around in the past?

I haven’t been grinding or doing many of the recent credit goldmines but with exobiology I have earned enough for nearly two FCs since about when the maelstroms started to appear so I think carrier numbers have never been higher.
Do you really think that the active player base has increased to cover the loss of console players ? Player numbers in Elite have always been steady as far as we can tell.
BTW Congrats on getting your FC👍 that covers the loss of mine.

So in my opinion FC numbers haven't recovered since the loss of consoles ?
But that's the crux isn't it ? We both have differing opinions. Neither is right or wrong until Fdev say so and I'm betting they won't give out that info readily.

So in my opinion FC numbers haven't recovered since the loss of consoles ?
But have FD removed the Console player's FCs from Live / Odyssey yet?

Memory says that in the fairly recent past a 'protest' by Console players left many FCs, with years of upkeep, in strategic positions.
If ALL of the console owned FCs still remain outside of Legacy, then numbers have grown, not shrunk, since the split.

I have no idea if this has happened, how about you?

That is a very good point Mr @Rat Catcher , but those wouldn't have any bearing on the jump times as they are static?
I know that to move onto PC we had to sell our FC as that wouldn't be brought across. And that was on the first round of migrations. Which many took up .
I have to admit not having any issues going to Rackham's ( on console of course) just after the split ( one of a long list of things to do list I have ) and I know that was one of the main ones that was hit as it was fairly easy to block.
Again most of it is supposition or even worse an opinion 😉

That is a very good point Mr @Rat Catcher , but those wouldn't have any bearing on the jump times as they are static?
It was just the thought that if there are indeed more added since the split, and those 'old' ones remain, they still had to feature in the database calculations, possibly.

Again most of it is supposition or even worse an opinion 😉
Nowt amiss with that, we have 3 pages of exactly that so far!

Not that they would bother but they should implement a multi jump system, so atleast when you go to bed you get atleast a few jumps.

Also if its a cost thing, if they made some decent cosmetics worth buying I'm sure it would cover the cost.

Fresh FC cosmetics for example, if we have so many FC in game clogging up servers, why are you not monetizing them.

Wake up already.

I'm happy to support the game with my wallet, fdev just need to put some effort into it.

But have FD removed the Console player's FCs from Live / Odyssey yet?
They have not. The galaxy is littered with console carriers where the owners now have no way to move them, some with billions in the bank, so they are paid for for years to come. They might not be moving, but they still need to be kept track of. So, along with the gold rush of spire farming where many new billionaires probably bought many new shiny carriers, we arguably might have many, many more carriers now.

I suspect what has changed, is that with a lot of the recent high credit earning activities, it has been possible for a lot more Alts to get their own carriers increasing the number of carriers.

Steve

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom