What would cause server connection failure?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a bit of traveling and am on a wifi network at an airbnb. I brought the laptop along to try and make it to WP10 for DW2 but am unable to connect. I assume it has something to do with the router or the ISP I'm using? The launcher says that the server status is OK. EDD talks to EDSM just fine and everything else (netflix, youtube, prime video) streams just fine. But when I fire up Elite, the title screen just sits there and I keep getting the waiting for connection and then fails...I waited until 15 last night and gave up.

I realize that this is probably frustrating to try and diagnose remotely and I know nothing about ISP's, networking, or any of it...and it's not my wifi network so I don't know what, if anything, I can do. If you can help, thanks!

Could be an issue with any of the hops/routers between you and Frontier's servers, or your equipment's perception of the available routes.

I would start by resetting the router and modem to clear any caches. If that fails, you could try plugging in an arbitrary MAC address into your router to force your ISP to give you a new IP.

Some more details on your connection might be helpful, if the issue doesn't resolve itself.

I fiddled with the IPv4 vs IPv6 settings under network options and got it up and running last night. Thanks!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom