Where can I get Empire rank increase missions?

I've been taking lots of scan and donation missions at Quince, and I'm not not at, but well past 100% Duke, but no Empire rank increase missions appeared.

I was advised that I might need to come back to the bubble, and I've now been to a couple of stations, including Dawes Hub at Achenar (the heart of the Empire), but still no rank advance missions appear. :/

Any ideas where I should park?

Thanks all

I've been taking lots of scan and donation missions at Quince, and I'm not not at, but well past 100% Duke, but no Empire rank increase missions appeared.

I was advised that I might need to come back to the bubble, and I've now been to a couple of stations, including Dawes Hub at Achenar (the heart of the Empire), but still no rank advance missions appear. :/

Thanks all

Any Empire controlled system where you're already Cordial or better should have a chance to give you the mission, so if you have any hangout you work inside the bubble just go back and flip boards a few times. Always works for me. I never get my rank missions out at Sothis or Quince. If you have no relationship at all with the station you're at you may see the rank mission in one of the Requirements Not Met with Rep being the one you didn't hit. Get them to cordial and it should unlock. I use Aditi, because that's another loop system where there's always data for next door and I'm allied with every faction in the system.

Any Empire controlled system where you're already Cordial or better should have a chance to give you the mission, so if you have any hangout you work inside the bubble just go back and flip boards a few times. Always works for me. I never get my rank missions out at Sothis or Quince. If you have no relationship at all with the station you're at you may see the rank mission in one of the Requirements Not Met with Rep being the one you didn't hit. Get them to cordial and it should unlock. I use Aditi, because that's another loop system where there's always data for next door and I'm allied with every faction in the system.

Alas I'm allied at Achenar, but no missions :(

Another thing you can do that seems to work, is to head to a nearby system where you're not ranked with the local Imperial minor factions. Do some missions for them to increase your local rep, and the missions should spawn.

It's been a quirk of the mission system since release.

Another thing you can do that seems to work, is to head to a nearby system where you're not ranked with the local Imperial minor factions. Do some missions for them to increase your local rep, and the missions should spawn.

It's been a quirk of the mission system since release.

Yeah this my alternative when I can't pick it up at one of my usual spots where I'm already repped up. Easy mode is to just grab a few hundred K creds worth of exploration data and find a station under minor empire faction control and sell them the data, instant cordial and usually the mission pops.

I recently reached Count, but the mission to do so took a while to show up. I wasn't overly bothered, and I immediately ended up at 11% towards the next rank, so no rank progress was lost by the delay.

Mildly irksome if you need a specific rank to unlock a ship or permit, I guess.

I've been doing the Wu Gunagi/ Hipp A,B,A loop, and done gone from zero to 99%. In less then a week. And I work full-time with only 1 day off. .

I'm currently 50% "count" and 6kLy's outside the bubble. Had to take some time away from the grind.

Note to all: The missions did eventually appear when I was at Summerland... but they took an agonising twelve hours to do so. The good news though, I did so many donation missions while waiting that I'm already 61% of the way to King :)

Sometimes it takes a while for the mission to spawn. Just carry on doing normal missions, the rep will carry over.

Thanks all

No matter where you operate, your REP with the LOCAL, IMPERIAL factions must be at least Cordial (Friendly is better and Allied is best) to get the good missions. I used Aditi and its unpronounceable neighbor system and then, when the missions petered out there (they do after a while) I switched to Wu Guinagi and its neighbor system HIP 10716. You will have to rebuild your REP each time you change systems as you are building REP with ONLY the factions LOCAL to the system you are in. When trying to build Imperial RANK, ignore missions from local Federation factions as those take up space needed for Imperial mission cargo. I chose to run cargo and data between the stations in the systems and REP and RANK built up pretty fast. Once you get to a certain level though, it will become a grind and there is nothing you can do but grind through it. Personally, I ignore any donation missions above about 50,000 credits, too much credit for the increase in REP you receive.

As far as getting offered that rank-up mission, you have to go to a station where your LOCAL, IMPERIAL REP is at least Cordial (again, Friendly is better and Allied is best). Imperial rank-up missions will ONLY be offered by local, Imperial factions where your local IMPERIAL REP is at least Cordial. Don't worry about being over 100%, any additional progress will be automatically applied towards your next Imperial RANK. o7

Last edited:
Once upon a time I took my Asp explorer to Aditi. Just over a week later I owned two Cutters.

Edit- And hit Elite trader.

Personally, Id like to see a small change to Rank up missions. If you have 100% in a faction you should get an email. When you read it, the game should spawn the rank up mission either at the station you are at or the nearest to your faction. At this point, a follow up mail is sent and you go do your mission. I know this wont happen but its still my 2 creds

Top Bottom