Ships Which Ship Launched Fighter to use?

My Elite crewmember so far uses F63 Condor (Rogue F) because I think its 2x Fixed MC works just fine, but... is there something better?

I need it to punch those large pirate(s) when they are still shielded, so maybe MC is not the best after all.
Would Aegis F with Plasma Repeater be better? Found here on forum (2 years old post) it's still 50-50 thermal kinetic.
Any numbers about their true efficiency or is this all more or less the same?

Which SLF are you using against NPCs in Res/CZ?

I am currently using a Taipan RF and a Guatamaya RF with fixed plasma repeaters, because the tracers look awesome. I couldn't tell which one is better at killing stuff.

For my pilot Heavenly, I switched to the Gelid F (2x fixed beam laser ) when she hit Expert. I switched her to the Trident when I unlocked it, as Commander Danicus suggested. She was elite when I did that.

Last edited:
I too use the rogue F with twin MC.
My build for ships with an slf is. I will melt the shields while the slf burns thru the hull.
That is the actual 'trick', change the fighter depending on type of weapons your ships carries.

From my perspective though, Heavenly acts like 'bait'. I don't need her to strip shields or kill for me. She just distracts what I'm shooting at so they aren't evading my fire as much. She significantly lowers TTK. She also works wonders on NPCs during wing assassination missions.

That is the actual 'trick', change the fighter depending on type of weapons your ships carries.

From my perspective though, Heavenly acts like 'bait'. I don't need her to strip shields or kill for me. She just distracts what I'm shooting at so they aren't evading my fire as much. She significantly lowers TTK. She also works wonders on NPCs during wing assassination missions.
Heavenly fodder. :unsure:
:LOL:

I like the Gu-97 with fixed beams myself. Ah, the Gelid F I think. And a Trident in the second bay. My current SLF pilot is Deadly and does really well with both.

Deleted member 38366

D
For me it's Taipan w/ Fixed Beams.

It's the only SLF that I found
  • able to snipe hostile SLFs even from considerable Range
  • able to survive for any reasonable time in Conflict Zones
  • being a nice complementary Weapon against chaffing small Targets

I ran all SLFs incl. all Guardian SLFs - and I kept coming back to the Taipan/Beams combo, just due to sheer effectiveness (and me flying that very SLF working best as well).

Really depends on the mothership build, e.g. this Krait mk2 https://s.orbis.zone/58ni build with fixed class 3 MC needs a little more laser DPS so a fixed beam Taipan.

I've never used the Imperial fighter but the F63 appears well balanced, the Guardian fighter look fantastic but they're so fragile a hard stare would kill them! ;)

I too use the slf complementary to motherships weaps.
My vette has a single huge MC - since i'm too cheap to re-synth for more than one MC - rest lasers. So i use a Condor with 2 fixed MC.
Always use focus target orders and usually i also watch who's attacking my slf and try to pull them off.

As a result, i only rarely lose SLFs - the only exception is when i get the entire SpecOps Wing all over me.
When that happens, then 2 go after me and 2 go after the SLF and cant really save her.

i've tried other fighters, but apparently my crew does best in a Condor.

I love flying the guardian slfs, and the Gu-97s for some reason. Sure, they're fragile, but they also almost never get hit because they're so nimble.

I used the Taipans for a long time, but much as I love them, I love the little gutamayas a bit more.

Top Bottom