Why are they sellling AX Weapons in the California Nebula? Do they know something we don't?

Yesterday I decided to take an exploration trip with my new ASP Explorer and head out to the California Nebula from the Pleiades Nebula.When I got there I landed at two planetary bases, both of them were large Alliance research facilities. When I called up the outfitting options for hard-points and they surprisingly had AX weapons available, 600ly from Pleiades,and there is only a few reasons I can think of why this is. The first one is that the Turner Research Group may be cooperating with Aegis, but I haven't heard anything about this. The second possible reason is due to the Alliance's future plans for fully colonizing the nebula.This may be a precautionary measure in case of further thargoid activity outside Pleiades, but I did not hear anything about this either and I also did not see anyone within "the bubble" selling AX weapons either. The third possible reason is probably the most unnerving, the California Nebula may be closer to thargoid space. I wonder about this possibility because much of the "Col" region between the California Nebula and Benard's Loop are "locked off" and may be used for a future update by Frontier. Course this all just speculation on what is possible.Thoughts?

Cali Nebula has barnacles. The goids at least -were- there.

Turner is also a co-conspirator with The Club, a brave-new-world type assembly with tendrils in all governments who seem to act in the public interest merely when it suits their own goals. Of course, they could be puppeted by the Guardians. Who knows, in the Game of Unknowns.

Cali Nebula has barnacles. The goids at least -were- there.

Turner is also a co-conspirator with The Club, a brave-new-world type assembly with tendrils in all governments who seem to act in the public interest merely when it suits their own goals. Of course, they could be puppeted by the Guardians. Who knows, in the Game of Unknowns.

The only people who call it the "cali" nebula are not from the california nebula. ;)

But to answer the OPs speculation, Colonia also sells AX weapons. So maybe it's just because they plan on making another bubble in the california nebula? or maybe the aliens are looking for something there as well?

The only people who call it the "cali" nebula are not from the california nebula. ;)

But to answer the OPs speculation, Colonia also sells AX weapons. So maybe it's just because they plan on making another bubble in the california nebula? or maybe the aliens are looking for something there as well?

lol...At least we don't have 2 hour commutes and limited housing choices.

To add to the further speculation, perhaps they are available everywhere because if they wern't and the goids attack, that forward outpost (or in Colonia's case way backward), could be lost without means to scramble a militia.

lol...At least we don't have 2 hour commutes and limited housing choices.

To add to the further speculation, perhaps they are available everywhere because if they wern't and the goids attack, that forward outpost (or in Colonia's case way backward), could be lost without means to scramble a militia.

I guess the commute depends on your jump range, but afaik there is only one base that is actually in the nebula, and a few suburbs outside the nebula. So talk about limited housing choices...

To add even further to the speculation, the line between the california nebula and the pleiades could constitute a vector that could lead to something interesting. The Thargoid homeworld? Raxxla? Or some other destination or origin? They seem to be searching for something in any case.

Not all high tech/military ports sells AX weaponry although I admit I rarely visit military ports and the "club" may have limited the sale of these weapons to avoid panic. As for the Cali barnacles. I have not heard of any thargoid activity within or near the California Nebula possibly due to the low human population there but this may change when the Alliance moves forward. I have also only been interdicted only once when leaving the Pleiades Nebula other than that on my way to and inside California nothing...yet.[where is it]

Not all high tech/military ports sells AX weaponry although I admit I rarely visit military ports and the "club" may have limited the sale of these weapons to avoid panic. As for the Cali barnacles. I have not heard of any thargoid activity within or near the California Nebula possibly due to the low human population there but this may change when the Alliance moves forward. I have also only been interdicted only once when leaving the Pleiades Nebula other than that on my way to and inside California nothing...yet.[where is it]

No, not all and i forgot say, Planetary bases... some weapons hit tier 3 other tier 4, but all hit tier 1 and 2 and that was Military and hightech... btw. you can buy this in the bubble as well...

Top Bottom