Why did I get fined?

It would be great if fines included the basic reason.

I don't mind getting fined, its not a big deal. But it sure would be nice sometimes to know why. I think its reasonable.

Even if a generic reason was stated like:
  • Firing upon security personnel.
  • Careless flying inside a spaceport.
  • Carrying illegal goods.
  • Dropping illegal goods.
  • Failed to complete contract.
Edit:
I don't really care about this specific incident. I should have stated more clearly. Suggestion: Fines should include the reason. It seems sloppy that they don't. Many times I have opened my transactions tab to discover I have a fine, but no idea why. I'm generally a good law abiding citizen. It is reasonable to have the stated reason for the fine. A cmdr should not have to wonder what the fine was for.

Fine_001.jpg

Last edited:
I did not see any big letters. I logged in and found a fine.

Its probably a failed mission. dunno though. As I said, its reasonable for a fine to include the reason.

No I wasn't hauling illegal stuff. But I was landing in a station something might have hit me. When I returned with my coffee my auto-docking was no longer engaged and I was floating. inside the station.

Edit: Nope, the fine wasn't from that system. Probably an expired/abandoned mission from last night.

Anyway, its pretty reasonable that the statement of fine includes basic reason.

Last edited:
What's interesting is that the game actually does know why you got fined, as in your client does; I play with the HCS voicepack "Ad-Astra", and it will actually tell me from what it pulls from the Journal "You have been fined X credit for ..." and then the reason, which is usually accidentally shooting a police ship in the face.

So it shouldn't be too hard for them to just include that in the fine text.

That looks like a very cool add on

It's pretty neat. Got a few bugs at the moment but I'm a huge sucker for voice control and automated responses, especially in a spaceship setting, so it doesn't bother me much. All the info it gives me is stuff I could just look at myself, but it's nice just having someone tell it to me so I don't have to lol

If you want the game to tell you about the fine : Don't AFK
If you just want to know about the fine: Use one of the many 3rd part tools for AFK players

No need to bother putting it in the game - AFK players should know the tradeoffs they make 🤷‍♀️

I logged in to find that I have two 100,000 credit fines. I didn't have them when I received a blue cobra and was forced out. I was only gone <10 minutes before logging back in.

These could be from missions. Something happened after the blue cobra where all my missions were marked "abandoned" even though I was completing them. None involved combat. They were all simply "go there and pick up something to bring back..."

Deleted member 115407

D
It would be great if fines included the basic reason.

I don't mind getting fined, its not a big deal. But it sure would be nice sometimes to know why....
Because you did something illegal. Pay attention.

As far as I know, if you abandon a mission (in ground) that says you'll be penalized with a fine if you don't complete it, the fine is 100,000 credits per mission.

This happens even if the mission is bugged, because I had one occur that required me to go pick up some papers from Crate #11, and there were Crates 1-10, 12, and nothing else. So I couldn't pick up the mission material from the broken missing crate. Abandoning it cost me 100,000 bucks. Seems a bit steep for a mission paying 50k-ish initially.

Top Bottom