Horizons Why is it not accepting the ore for the misson? about missions

HI! I had a mission to obtain 12 units of Indium from a suitable market so I went to mine for it instead.. I brought it back and sold to to the market ( As I see no other way to give it..)

Was I to actually buy it? or was I suppose to give it to someone? because it does not mentioned anywhere that I am to give it to someone in particular...

Ps: its a standard mission from the board, NOT a engineer mission..

Last edited:
HI! I had a mission to obtain 12 units of Indium from a suitable market so I went to mine for it instead.. I brought it back and sold to to the market ( As I see no other way to give it..)

Was I to actually buy it? or was I suppose to give it to someone? because it does not mentioned anywhere that I am to give it to someone in particular...

Ps: its a standard mission from the board, NOT a engineer mission..

Missions in 2.1 are a lot more finicky about the "Source" of the mission specific cargo/item than they were in previous versions. I would carefully re-read your mission directions and make sure that you haven't missed something. If you have collected the correct cargo/item, this will be indicated on the mission window itself.

The area I am referring to will show a quantity required IN RED and look like this when you first accept the mission > 0/12. If you have collected the correct mission specific cargo/item and gathered all twelve required, that quantity field will change from RED to WHITE and would show the updated quantity number like this: 12/12. You will also get a "Mission Critical" message in your in-box from the mission giver indicating completion and any update to the location you need to deliver the items to.

Doesn't sound like any of this has happened on your mission yet, correct?

I would be willing to bet that your current quantity is showing either a partial completion, something like this > (4/12) Or still zero. If this is the case, you need to find the mission specific location where the 12 units are located. The mission directions SHOULD give you a pretty obvious clue as to where that location is.

I don't do those mission types myself, but the mechanics for all mission types dealing with items of cargo, materials etc. are basically all the same in terms of how they work.

Last edited:
Missions in 2.1 are a lot more finicky about the "Source" of the mission specific cargo/item than they were in previous versions. I would carefully re-read your mission directions and make sure that you haven't missed something. If you have collected the correct cargo/item, this will be indicated on the mission window itself.

The area I am referring to will show a quantity required IN RED and look like this when you first accept the mission > 0/12. If you have collected the correct mission specific cargo/item and gathered all twelve required, that quantity field will change from RED to WHITE and would show the updated quantity number like this: 12/12. You will also get a "Mission Critical" message in your in-box from the mission giver indicating completion and any update to the location you need to deliver the items to.

Doesn't sound like any of this has happened on your mission yet, correct?

I would be willing to bet that your current quantity is showing either a partial completion, something like this > (4/12) Or still zero. If this is the case, you need to find the mission specific location where the 12 units are located. The mission directions SHOULD give you a pretty obvious clue as to where that location is.

I don't do those mission types myself, but the mechanics for all mission types dealing with items of cargo, materials etc. are basically all the same in terms of how they work.

I had 12 units of Indium ( I check this in cargo ) also when I sold it .. I am 100% on that..

The mission window is the one in the left right? where is says Contacts.

Its says Header = "Industry needs 12 units of Indium".
Body = below

. Source 12 Units of Indium from a suitable market.
. Convey the goods to Alexander terminal in ROSS 667.
. You will receive your reward upon delivery.
. Good luck.

1: How do open the email window? ( perhaps this is my issue.. perhaps it was tell me to bring it somewhere else?
2: I did see a message icon in the upper right corner of my UI.. ( did not know who to open it )
3: Which field are you reffering too that changes from REd to White? ( where is it ? )

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

You need to have 12 units of Indium in your cargo, go to bulletin board and just click there to complete mission.

I had went to the bulletin board but saw nothing indicating where I would click to give items..

There should also be a QUANTITY number on the mission after you accept it. You definitely DO NOT SELL the 12 units to the station. You will turn them in as part of turning in the completed mission.

The message for completion will appear in the IN-BOX at the top LEFT corner of your screen. Not sure what binding you use to access the COMMs section, but the in-box is the 4th icon from the left. It will show a new message has arrived, and your ship will also announce "Incoming Mission Critical Message!" The ship voice will also inform you when you have completed the mission with another announcement. This will happen just before the message from the mission giver arrives.

It sounds to me like you need to go to the ED Wiki and read up on your ship systems, as well as the new mission system. A lot of your questions are about things you really should know if you want to handle missions efficiently.

Good luck! :)

There should also be a QUANTITY number on the mission after you accept it. You definitely DO NOT SELL the 12 units to the station. You will turn them in as part of turning in the completed mission.

The message for completion will appear in the IN-BOX at the top LEFT corner of your screen. Not sure what binding you use to access the COMMs section, but the in-box is the 4th icon from the left. It will show a new message has arrived, and your ship will also announce "Incoming Mission Critical Message!" The ship voice will also inform you when you have completed the mission with another announcement. This will happen just before the message from the mission giver arrives.

It sounds to me like you need to go to the ED Wiki and read up on your ship systems, as well as the new mission system. A lot of your questions are about things you really should know if you want to handle missions efficiently.

Good luck! :)

Ok So its in the comms system ( default is 2 )

I will go back and get more ore ( I do remember getting a email but did not check it, this time I most certainly will :) ) but I still did not see anything ( As the other users suggested ) in the missions board.. any ways I will see when I get back tonight..
Hope I do not get a fine as I only have 10 hours left. :)

Ok So its in the comms system ( default is 2 )

I will go back and get more ore ( I do remember getting a email but did not check it, this time I most certainly will :) ) but I still did not see anything ( As the other users suggested ) in the missions board.. any ways I will see when I get back tonight..
Hope I do not get a fine as I only have 10 hours left. :)

Sounds good. The new 2.1 mission system has incorporated the IN-Box as a vital part of ANY mission now, so you definitely need to pay attention to ANY messages you receive in there. They will be providing you with vital information required for completing the mission. More than likely, the message you didn't read contained the specific info about WHERE to get the 12 units specific to completing your mission.

As you are finding out... Not just any 12 of whatever the cargo is will do. It MUST be the 12 "Mission Specific" units and nothing else.

I'm sure you will figure it out in the end. Just make sure you have your sound up and your Ship Voice turned on so you hear mission announcements, and always read your in-box messages! :D

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom