4.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 216

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Looks great! I personally love ride recreations, I always find it fun to remimisce about a ride by revisiting it in game form, and I think people will get a lot of use out of this! Thank you for sharing!

How far is Alton Towers from London? It has a monorail but no steam train? What parks in the UK have a steam train ride? There are lots of parks in the US with them.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
How far is Alton Towers from London? It has a monorail but no steam train? What parks in the UK have a steam train ride? There are lots of parks in the US with them.

Alton Towers is about a 3-4 hour drive from London in the midlands of the UK. It is situated about 20 miles from the nearest town and has terrible transport links. Driving is really the only way to get there.
It is beautiful though, surrounded by trees (with no rides taller than tree height) . Most are landscaped into the ground. A beautiful gothic style manor house and amazing gardens full of follies.
It has a monorail from the carpark as it is quite far from the entrance. Train ride was removed in 1996, but they have cable cars to get around as the park is so large. The ride across the landscaped gardens is beautiful. Other major parks in the UK: Thorpe Park and had a steam train removed a few years ago and Chessington World of Adventures a monorail removed. (never had a train) Not sure if it is something to do with Merlin who own all 3 parks. Blackpool Pleasure Beach still has a train but it is a very small park. It's monorail was removed. They are family owned and have a lot of vintage rides.

Top Bottom