Ships Will there be a clarification on this ?

hi there,

well i was wondering. a few ships in game has the pilot seat to the right of the cockpit.... a lot of us must not care about that, but since me its my 2 favs ships that are in question, and that i dont like that seat place....

is there a reason why to the right ? will in the future be possible to shift all ships to the left , or alternately, can choose in the ingame menu which seat you want as the pilot ?

i know its a very mere detail , while some might performs much better seated on the right, to me its the contrary: i perform much better if seated on left of a ship.

thanks FD if you can answer or enlighten :)

I definitely prefer sitting in the middle, or on the left side, right side makes me very uncomfortable. It would be great in the future if they included the option to choose when you buy your ship. It shouldn't be too much work to do a mirrored version of the cockpits that have two seats. Alternatively, the side could depend on where you buy the ship (right side if you buy it in the Empire for example). But then with the Clipper you'd be stuck, unless you bought it in founders world.

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
hi there,

well i was wondering. a few ships in game has the pilot seat to the right of the cockpit.... a lot of us must not care about that, but since me its my 2 favs ships that are in question, and that i dont like that seat place....

is there a reason why to the right ? will in the future be possible to shift all ships to the left , or alternately, can choose in the ingame menu which seat you want as the pilot ?

i know its a very mere detail , while some might performs much better seated on the right, to me its the contrary: i perform much better if seated on left of a ship.

thanks FD if you can answer or enlighten :)

Probably a UK thing. We drive on the left here so sit on the right. Personally I like it that way, but can see how it would be odd for you guys.

The various ship manufacturers have their individual, historical preferences. Faulcon DeLacy builds left-seaters, Zorgon Peterson right-seaters, Core Dynamics middle-seaters, Lakon Spaceways makes and middle-seaters and ships with relatively unorthodox vertically stacked bridges, Gutamaya does right-seaters, and Saud Kruger middle seaters. :)

It's a historical convention. With side-by-side configurations the left hand seat is traditionally the pilot in charge position except for rotary wing aircraft

Top Bottom