Hardware & Technical x52 problems

Hey, I have an X52 pro and it's giving me troubles. If I press and hold the fire button it often cuts out part-way through when I'm honking or using the wake scanner. I noticed if I reduce the throttle right down to zero it sometimes works. Anybody else have this issue? Is there anything I can do in the calibration utility to fix it?

After a month or so of owning an X52 Pro, the buttons stopped working unless I had the config software running in the background. I owned mine for a year and it had so many mechanical and software failures, I eventually replaced it with a Thrustmaster FCS. The Thrustmaster works much better and handles more smoothly than the X52 ever did, and it's cheaper. Go figure.

Same, my throttle developed an annoying habit of not going to full stop or not going full throttle. Now the mechanism in the joystick is broke where it keeps it dead centre and level, so I'm constantly manually adjusting my heading or maneuvers :/ worst part is? Last I checked, I couldn't access the mad catz website to report the faults and get a replacement... Never buying from them again.

It's like winning the legacy Saitek lottery. :D

Its now made by Logitech. I wonder if this has any bearing on the reliability. Got mine a year ago and its been solid.

I did have to disassemble it and clean out all the "grease" they use to manage the friction on the throttle (so it slid without much friction at all) - but that was a personal preference. Didn't end up using the main throttle slider in any case. Ended up mapping the throttle function to the thumb roller (instead of the throttle slide) as it had an indented "zero position" and maintained a consistent hand position for better button access at any throttle setting...

Its now made by Logitech. I wonder if this has any bearing on the reliability. Got mine a year ago and its been solid.

No. You must also have traded in a winning lottery ticket. Logitech STILL haven't sorted out the quality issues and the wiring designs have STILL not been redone. Rumour is the next gen Saitek gear will be Logitech from the ground up and they'll just bin the current lot.

Hey, I have an X52 pro and it's giving me troubles. If I press and hold the fire button it often cuts out part-way through when I'm honking or using the wake scanner. I noticed if I reduce the throttle right down to zero it sometimes works. Anybody else have this issue? Is there anything I can do in the calibration utility to fix it?

I've had an x52 for several years now, and whilst I have never used the stick as anything other than a button bay, I use the throttle in conjunction with a msffb2.

A while back the stick started throwing weird errors, a reinstall of the drivers fixed it. Worth a try.

I've had an x52 for several years now, and whilst I have never used the stick as anything other than a button bay, I use the throttle in conjunction with a msffb2.

A while back the stick started throwing weird errors, a reinstall of the drivers fixed it. Worth a try.

Yea I did that a few times already. Still dodgy.

Hadn't seen this issue. I have had an X-52 (not pro) for several years now. I did have to adjust the dead zone on the stick and I do get the occasional blinking lights.

To fix that, I swap USB ports.

Perhaps the button is dirty? Really don't know.

Hadn't seen this issue. I have had an X-52 (not pro) for several years now. I did have to adjust the dead zone on the stick and I do get the occasional blinking lights.

To fix that, I swap USB ports.

Perhaps the button is dirty? Really don't know.

It's possible. Though I'm not sure I should take it apart. My history with taking things apart is not a good one, specifically with respect to putting them back together again.

The magnet mod fixed the centering on mine, and adding a plastic shim under the spring stiffened it up on the spring which IMO is too sloppy.

Gonna mod the throttle indent as its too subtle. Then add a few more buttons with a separate control circuit, which has enough inputs to own all the ones on the stick and still have spares for what I want. That way if the electronics die I can't just remove then and attach my ones instead.
May well add some metal parts as well just to toughen it up some more.

Are you being ironic?

Do a search on Saitek Madkatz quality. And go buy a Thrustmaster.
I have an x52 and would love to switch to another brand, unfortunately, Saitek is the only brand who's figured out a useful button layout. So, no thanks.
anyhoo, the OP's issue could very well be the usual squished cables issue causing it to act up. If a clean driver install doesn't work, I guess it's time to return it for repairs/replacement.

After a month or so of owning an X52 Pro, the buttons stopped working unless I had the config software running in the background. I owned mine for a year and it had so many mechanical and software failures, I eventually replaced it with a Thrustmaster FCS. The Thrustmaster works much better and handles more smoothly than the X52 ever did, and it's cheaper. Go figure.
Sorry, but that sounds like the typical issue you got when you only installed the driver without the profiler. I think, that's the reason Logitech's first action when they acquired Saitek was to to force bundle the two into one install.

Back
Top Bottom