X52 question - Programming rotational mode switch

Greetings Cmdrs o7

First of all, apologies if this question has been asked before.

I have just purchased and X52 Pro...after minor headaches getting drift sorted I'm now attempting to configure the rotational button (on stick) to switch between Combat , Flight , and landing mode......which does work.......until I engage throttle. At which ponit the power pips go crazy. Any ideas?

Problem goes away if I disable the HOTAS profile.

Other points to note.

• GameGlass is in use (though issue continues if that is turned off)
  • Clutch button is disabled on X52

Any tips , suggestions (polite ones of course :) ) would be most welcome.

No basically, I had setup a COMBAT mode to change pips and deploy weapons (Mode pos #1 on the X52) For some reason, whenever I tried to throttle up etc, the pip distribution change, weapons would deploy/retract.....totally random.

I looked at the controller control panel (joy.cpl in Windows) and could see that the Mode switch seem to be "flickering/jittering" as if it was constantly being turned on/off.

This was with the most recent version of the software and drivers (version 8.0.213..which I think was released in September 2018)

I ended up

• Uninstalling software
  • Uninstalling drivers

Then re-installed using version 8.0.150, which was released in April of 2018.

<click here for version 8.0.150>

So far it all seems to be working okay.

I should add, that another poster (on You Tube) informed me that he had heard there were problems with the most recent version .

Fingers crossed it will work for you. If you have things bound to the mode selection switch it could possibly be that issue o7

Okay, so problem seemed to go away for a short while.....then started coming back again (though not as severe as before). I then looked at the properties (joy.cpl) and noticed that jitter started appearing for the "Mode" switch when the X Rotation and Y Rotation (two circular switches on throttle unit) were dialled right up.

I have now dialled these down , and maxed out their respective DZs (see attached image)
X52 DZs.jpg

The "Mode" section (to right of Toggles, on left hand image) no longer flickers, and in-game I've not seen repeats of the issues I was having
In addition, I've applied the DZs are shown in the right hand image.

This was all done , in addition to downloading and installing an older version of the divers and software

as mentioned when I closed down my binding guide thread (top of this subforum) sufficient power or volts drop is a primary reason for device's not behaving and ghosting inputs
your bindings errors log history will probably show this as device not detected etc or words to that effect

Last edited:
I did wonder about that, but issue was also occurring when I had controller connected directly to PC... However, powered hub is a small price.

Many thx for advice Cmdrs o7

so one goes and gets a new 10,000 watt psu enough to power a paris quantum chip too
only the PC motherboard 5v usb rail output is usually very limited so one still needs to go an get a powered usb hub
when the psu is in fact more than capable...……………..

Last edited:
Ha, that makes perfect sense. Thankfully where my knowledge is lacking, Cmdrs like yourself are on hand.... many thanks

ya perfect sense if you are in the electronic goods business ;)
for us when we have a more than adequate power source right there not so much

Last edited:
Okay, so problem seemed to go away for a short while.....then started coming back again (though not as severe as before). I then looked at the properties (joy.cpl) and noticed that jitter started appearing for the "Mode" switch when the X Rotation and Y Rotation (two circular switches on throttle unit) were dialled right up.

I have now dialled these down , and maxed out their respective DZs (see attached image)
View attachment 224618

The "Mode" section (to right of Toggles, on left hand image) no longer flickers, and in-game I've not seen repeats of the issues I was having
In addition, I've applied the DZs are shown in the right hand image.

This was all done , in addition to downloading and installing an older version of the divers and software
Wait, how did you get that interface? Mine looks different

So powered USB Hub doesn't appear to have resolved the issue....though ghosting happens less frequently now.

I'm wondiering if this could be motherboard related. The ASRock board I have, implements "ESD" ...could thsi potentially be having an undesired affect on my controller?

I got that interface after I had installed the Logitech drivers. Before that, only using the generic microsoft ones, I didn't have the leds or MDF tabs
Can you help me with a link or something? I downloaded the drives from Logitech too, but I get this:

1620052277725.png

I don't know why it says "Saitek"

Also, after installing Logitech drivers:
1620052387531.png

It says "Drivers not loaded"
1620052411585.png

Hey Saitek is name of the company that used to manufacture the controller prior to Logitech buying them (so I wouldn't worry about that too much)

• As for the driver, was the controller connected when you tried the install?
  • Disconnect the controller, give the PC a restart and then try the installer again (you might want to run the install as Administrator too)

So for the ghosting, I purchased a powered USB hub...which seemd to reduce the frequency of occurrence (but not eliminate it)
I then noted there was a setting in BIOS for legacy USB support...this was enabled. I've just disabled that...and so far no ghosting....so who knows....maybe I've cracked it

Top Bottom