Hardware & Technical X52 Saitek Caliration Issues. Any Fixes?

My X52 works wonders and my setup for it is great, but since a couple days ago the joystick, and only the joystick, would randomly disconnect then reconnect a second later. After it reconnects, the joystick's zero changes to however i was holding the joystick. For example, if I were rolling left while the joystick bugs out, my joystick will perpetually roll left as though it were severely uncalibrated.

This issue is immediately an easy fix, simply unplug the connector plug and plug it back in. After that it's all okay, but the joystick will soon bug out again. I'm wondering if anybody has or had this issue, and if there's any way to permanently fix it without pronouncing the joystick dead.

This issue isn't so bad during more mundane tasks, but I have had it happen while being interdicted, docking and leaving a mail slot station, and during combat. I must say it's very disruptive when it wants to be.

Forgive me if the fix is so mind bogglingly easy that I look like a dunce, but from what I've looked this up elsewhere and only a couple sources have had the same issue. For these people the problem was terminal to the joystick.

Yep, I get that too. Unfortunately for me it freezes the machine when I unplug so I don't even have that. Sometimes it's caused by the ps2 connector being a bit loose. Some say if you leave the property panel open it stops it (which is claimed to be a driver issue).

Top Bottom