Xbox series x /s price announcement.

Oh well, there goes my savings for the month of November
And so begins a new generation in gaming! 😂

I saw how the XSS is at a pretty affordable price point. With backwards compatibility, Game pass, digital only, and improved performance compared to last gen for $300 does make it a great introductory console for new gamers who like to get involved with Xbox on a budget. I can respect that, especially since it should be a solid deal to get the sport focused gaming audience.

I want to see what the outcome is like when november comes when both Xbox and Playstation consoles prices are revealed, I see myself still getting the PS5, but I have to admit that Xbox has a great lead this generation. More importantly, the games will move the systems.

And so begins a new generation in gaming! 😂

I saw how the XSS is at a pretty affordable price point. With backwards compatibility, Game pass, digital only, and improved performance compared to last gen for $300 does make it a great introductory console for new gamers who like to get involved with Xbox on a budget. I can respect that, especially since it should be a solid deal to get the sport focused gaming audience.

I want to see what the outcome is like when november comes when both Xbox and Playstation consoles prices are revealed, I see myself still getting the PS5, but I have to admit that Xbox has a great lead this generation. More importantly, the games will move the systems.
If you want to do xbox on a budget get the xbox x when the price drops.

4ei0h1.jpg

The new scheme Micosoft are pushing out to buy your Xbox series X for £28pm at 0% interest with 2 years of gamepass ultimate thrown in practically sold me a new Xbox...I'm paying £11pm for gamepass ultimate already which covers my Xbox live subs plus my sons with gamepass for PC content too (MSFS 2020 etc), another £17pm on top of that to add a big boy series X to replace my Xbox one X...along with 2 years of free gratis EA Play subs to add to the gamepass ultimate content, it was an offer I just couldn't realistically turn down. The Xbox one X has just gone into the living room for my wife to play on.

Microsoft are really pushing gamepass ultimate, now with all the Bethesda/Zenimax back catalogue and future content added for free...on PC as well as the new Xbox...it's not rocket science :)

The only thing that grabbed my interest with the PS5 is Ghost of Tsushima and HZD 2...but it's getting to the stage now where Sony with their game/platform exclusivity just doesn't cut it any longer.

Last edited:
The new scheme Micosoft are pushing out to buy your Xbox series X for £28pm at 0% interest with 2 years of gamepass ultimate thrown in practically sold me a new Xbox...I'm paying £11pm for gamepass ultimate already which covers my Xbox live subs plus my sons with gamepass for PC content too (MSFS 2020 etc), another £17pm on top of that to add a big boy series X to replace my Xbox one X...along with 2 years of free gratis EA Play subs to add to the gamepass ultimate content, it was an offer I just couldn't realistically turn down. The Xbox one X has just gone into the living room for my wife to play on.

Microsoft are really pushing gamepass ultimate, now with all the Bethesda/Zenimax back catalogue and future content added for free...on PC as well as the new Xbox...it's not rocket science :)

The only thing that grabbed my interest with the PS5 is Ghost of Tsushima and HZD 2...but it's getting to the stage now where Sony with their game/platform exclusivity just doesn't cut it any longer.

That does sound like a good deal - if you don't already own the Bethesda back catalogue (I do, so it's redundant). However, I cancelled my Game pass sub a couple of weeks ago, because it's just like the Origin or EA one (which I don't have any longer either). You're renting games. Now you're talking about renting a console too. Which I totally get is ideal for some, but I'd rather own my stuff. 🤷‍♀️

I've kept the Xbox app installed so I can take a look from time to time if there's anything worth re-subscribing for, but the only release I'm interested in now for the rest of the year (that I know about) is Cyberpunk 2077, and I'll be buying that on Steam.

PS5 for me isn't about exclusives. 95% of the "exclusives" aren't games I want anyway. But I do have a number of PS4 games, and I want to carry on playing them in the new console era, so for me, there's no other option.

That does sound like a good deal - if you don't already own the Bethesda back catalogue (I do, so it's redundant). However, I cancelled my Game pass sub a couple of weeks ago, because it's just like the Origin or EA one (which I don't have any longer either). You're renting games. Now you're talking about renting a console too. Which I totally get is ideal for some, but I'd rather own my stuff. 🤷‍♀️

I've kept the Xbox app installed so I can take a look from time to time if there's anything worth re-subscribing for, but the only release I'm interested in now for the rest of the year (that I know about) is Cyberpunk 2077, and I'll be buying that on Steam.

PS5 for me isn't about exclusives. 95% of the "exclusives" aren't games I want anyway. But I do have a number of PS4 games, and I want to carry on playing them in the new console era, so for me, there's no other option.
The only thing I'll point out is you own the Xbox after the 2 years on the never-never...it's basically just an extension of the subscription model for gamepass ultimate but you're buying the Xbox. I'm fine shelling out 500 bucks for a new console or PC bits every now and then...but there are a hell of a lot of folks who simply can't. MS are at least, in their own business related way, addressing this. It makes sense for them as a retail business...it also makes sense for those folks on a limited budget but who might jump at the chance of a nice new bit of shiny tech for an interest free hire purchase deal with over 100 game titles attached to it.

It interested me for that reason alone...I've spent my self imposed quarterly budget for hardware/software already by adding an RTX2070 super (at mates rates) then selling my old GTX1080ti at a profit to buy another identical RTX2070 super with an SLi bridge...adding a relatively small amount to an already paid for monthly subscription to gain the new series X seemed pretty alright from my standpoint.

I should have held off for the new RTX 3070 series from Nvidia to appear before updating the 1080ti of course...but I've got 2 of the 2070 supers which are incredibly fast cards on their own, even compared to the 1080ti. Every benchmark I chucked at the 2070 super (solo) simply overshadowed the 1080ti by a fair bit...I could probably sell one of them off for almost the same price as a 3070...we'll see.

Last edited:
The only thing I'll point out is you own the Xbox after the 2 years on the never-never...it's basically just an extension of the subscription model for gamepass ultimate. I'm fine shelling out 500 bucks for a new console or PC bits every now and then...but there are a hell of a lot of folks who simply can't. MS are at least, in their own business related way, addressing this, it makes sense for them as a business...it also makes sense for those folks on a limited budget but who might jump at the chance of a nice new bit of shiny tech for an interest free hire purchase deal with over 100 game titles attached to it.

Aye, as I said it's ideal for some, and I'm seriously not knocking it - nor you for choosing it. It's just not for me. I don't have any credit at all... if I can't afford something (which happens all too often ;) ) then I simply don't get it until I can. I enjoy working towards and saving for things. That way when retail therapy time comes, I can do it with a clear conscience and no worry.

It interested me for that reason alone...I've spent my self imposed quarterly budget for hardware/software already by adding an RTX2070 super (at mates rates) then selling my old GTX1080ti at a profit to buy another identical RTX2070 super with an SLi bridge...adding a small amount to an already paid for subscription based purchase to gain the new series X seemed pretty alright from my standpoint.

I should have held off for the new RTX 3070 series from Nvidia to appear before updating the 1080ti of course...but I've got 2 of the 2070 supers...I could probably sell one of them for the same price as a 3070...we'll see.

Next year's hardware expenditure for me is going to be split between a 3080/90 and a PS5. I'm not sure which will come first, or even if I can afford both once Brexit increases the price of everything... in which case I'd have to make a choice. The choice may even end up being neither. I'm fine with that too. :p

Aye, as I said it's ideal for some, and I'm seriously not knocking it - nor you for choosing it. It's just not for me. I don't have any credit at all... if I can't afford something (which happens all too often ;) ) then I simply don't get it until I can. I enjoy working towards and saving for things. That way when retail therapy time comes, I can do it with a clear conscience and no worry.

Next year's hardware expenditure for me is going to be split between a 3080/90 and a PS5. I'm not sure which will come first, or even if I can afford both once Brexit increases the price of everything... in which case I'd have to make a choice. The choice may even end up being neither. I'm fine with that too. :p
Aye, I'm still fairly old fashioned like that too...I managed for most of my life without a personal credit card, no HP agreements, bank loans or anything else credit related and besides the credit card I now have (I've used it once just to see if it worked), I stick to it.

Business wise of course with the farm, that's not how the real world of business works... although I stick to the "If I can't afford it, I don't get it." rule as much as possible :D

A preorder playstation 5 resale sold on ebay for £50,000. Xbox series x also are high preorder resale.

Top Bottom