Horizons You guys have seen this right?

I was looking for voice attack profiles and found
http://www.elitedangerousvoicepack.com/

Watch this video from the page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA34DCvV5Tw&index=4&list=PLceBA01aWZUvTcp7jn-vZ1wKLW-qYSEW6

I assuming this is scripted (i only just found it) but I think its using an eliza program, it's... well it looks fantastic :)

Sorry if this is old news for some but I know exactly what i will be doing tonight after work :)

Yes very handy indeed.
Word of advice. Spend time with Microsoft's speech recognition engine (off control panel). The more you do this the better it works. Some people have said avoid one word commands.....personally I have had no issues.
Where it excels is multiple macro'd commands which you can space out setting time between each executable command. This is good for say firing chaff at regular intervals whilst also boosting at regular intervals, retracting the hardpoints and charging the FSD, allowing you to concentrate on simply evasive flying.
Also very good for instantaneous pip management. Rusty Dog probably has the most comprehensive I have seen, using a 1,2,3 method for multiple presets. e.g. saying "1,2" prioritises System (Shields) with Engines as secondary. Weps gets no pips. "2,1" would do the reverse. Simple and effective.

I run the Orion pack and it's pretty good. One thing that will screw it up quick is if you open the left or right panels and move between tabs without using the voicepack. The software doesn't track this and can get out of synch. Easy enough to get back in synch by setting the left panel to the nav tab and the right panel the status tab and then using the voice command "reset panels". I don't think there is any other issues other than that. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I run the Orion pack and it's pretty good. One thing that will screw it up quick is if you open the left or right panels and move between tabs without using the voicepack. The software doesn't track this and can get out of synch. Easy enough to get back in synch by setting the left panel to the nav tab and the right panel the status tab and then using the voice command "reset panels". I don't think there is any other issues other than that. Enjoy!

Extremely good point! I remember a fair bit of frustration as to why "Request docking" wouldn't work! Have some Rep

Back
Top Bottom