Sidechat

Anyhoo - hey dino guys, did you see the new giant raptor they discovered in China? Fujianipus yingliangi

1000019382.jpg

@Marvinb I'd love to see your model of it!

Anyhoo - hey dino guys, did you see the new giant raptor they discovered in China? Fujianipus yingliangi

View attachment 390900

@Marvinb I'd love to see your model of it!
No haven seen it yet but dayum, thats a big boi.
China really do be like pumping out the absolute most incredible fossils.

Would make for a awesome model indeed, although its hard to make a model of something thats only known from footprints :D

Although in my admittedly amateur opinion that 1,8m hip height seems to be very overestimated, since gaging from the art, the feet seem to be reconstructed way to small if its anything like the smaller dromeosaurs like velociraptor.
Edit: Nevermind its a troodontid, i take back what i said. Maybe should have read the whole article first 😂

Although in my admittedly amateur opinion that 1,8m hip height seems to be very overestimated, since gaging from the art, the feet seem to be reconstructed way to small if its anything like the smaller dromeosaurs like velociraptor.
Edit: Nevermind its a troodontid, i take back what i said. Maybe should have read the whole article first 😂
whoooosh

that was all those words flying way over my head 🕊️

You mean stegouros?
Oh yeah, man. I wouldn't be surprised if some ancient peoples found the fossilized tails and based their swords off of it.
Of course, the Aztec were in Mexico and Stegouros were in South America, but it's not that big of a stretch, to be honest. Maybe trade or something?

Oh yeah, man. I wouldn't be surprised if some ancient peoples found the fossilized tails and based their swords off of it.
Of course, the Aztec were in Mexico and Stegouros were in South America, but it's not that big of a stretch, to be honest. Maybe trade or something?
I guess its possible that they had a range exteding there or a relative living there.
Probably more likely they just came up with it on their own tho :D

Its psittacosaurus (The dinosaur that keeps turning up the most amazing fossils) being attacked by a repanomamus a vaguely badgerlike, and sized mammal.

Wow, just imagine the power the beak of the Psittacosaurus has. I'm noticing that there's a foot in its jaw, and I can honestly feel the Psitta clamping down on my own fingers😬

Wow, just imagine the power the beak of the Psittacosaurus has. I'm noticing that there's a foot in its jaw, and I can honestly feel the Psitta clamping down on my own fingers😬
Yeah, i find it super funny that this is the exact thing the protoceratops does in the fightin dinosaurs fossil, chomping down on velocirators fingers :D

It's odd that in the last few months there's a lot of massive prehistoric animals being discovered, perucetos, the giant ichitiosaurus, the giant carcharodontosaurus and now this guy.
Paleontologist are eating good, lol.

Top Bottom