Game Discussions Bethesda Softworks Starfield Space RPG

In my understanding starting an NG+ will reset all missions. Then you should be able to do the missions which now are bugged - unless they get broken again. 😄
Yeah but I'm missing two of my powers in the first play through . I've got to NG3 before I thought what a waste and went back to my original . NG doesn't do much but I did side with the pirates and Genghis on my first NG but it didnt change the story . So I'm holding out for a fix on the power missions but to be truthful I'm not holding my breath but I have a few hundred hours in SF so I think I goty monies worth but don't think I would bother with the DLC .

Last edited:
I just wish shroudbreaker would actually turn up at Grissom where it says it should be . Don't think I've had the ecliptic battleship just yet , but stopped playing due to the amount of broken missions I have.
I ran into the Camulus today, but it didn't turn hostile. And with only turrets on my ship, I could do nothing about it.

I ran into the Camulus today, but it didn't turn hostile. And with only turrets on my ship, I could do nothing about it.
If you were flying that M-class ship, it may be the reason the Ecliptic ship didn't become hostile. If you go closer than some certain distance to it, it will give a warning, and if you keep approaching from that point, it should become hostile.

If you were flying that M-class ship, it may be the reason the Ecliptic ship didn't become hostile. If you go closer than some certain distance to it, it will give a warning, and if you keep approaching from that point, it should become hostile.
Yep, I was in the big one. I even rammed the Camulus to no effect.

About a week ago I encountered in space a wing of totally inactive Starborn ships. I nudged one of them to the side of the command bridge, and the only reaction from it was that it started to rotate slowly. Then I shot it to the side of the command bridge, and it started to rotate a lot faster. I was able to almost stop the motion by shooting it to the opposite side. 😄 This looks like another mission bug, but a rare one. These ships were also indestructible, and not targetable.
Starborn ships 2024-02-18.jpg

Last edited:
I run into Starborn ships that are zoned out fairly regularly. I can target them though, and when I ram them, my turrets pick them up as hostile and open up.

I've made a rough draft how it might look when I upgrade my cruiser to battleship. Internals not reshuffled, no additional weapons installed either, just the new 50m long structural midsection added, which would then be dedicated living space. My poor shipbuilder FPS though....
concept.jpg

Kinda like the Federal Corvette in big. Not really needed though, as it already rocks in cruiser config. Still I might rebuild it as battleship in NG+. I doubt this would still work without major clipping though.

Bit of an intrathread necro on a not very Starfield specific tangent, but a while ago there was a discussion here about console vs. PC overhead and potential equivalence, where I stated this:
I'd wager that if I built a PC, with as similar hardware specs to a given modern console as practical, it would run most cross platform games similarly well. There would be some differences, but most of the problems with overhead are reflected in OS memory footprint, not the same kind of code running inherently slower on Windows or the D3D12/Vulkan APIs than on console OSes and APIs. Larger gaps would have been expected in the past with less efficient graphics APIs on PC and comparatively lower level tuning on consoles, but that's less the case today.

Recently I've noticed that Eurogamer/digitalfoundry has been doing a lot of console benchmarks and even comparisons to PC titles at equivalent settings on close hardware approximations:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avk2-3XYDR0

After accounting for the small differences in specs between the PS5 GPU and the RX 6700, performance seems essentially identical, except in certain outliers (like Hitman, which is inexplicably slow on the PS5).

As far as Starfield performance goes, 1.8.83 was the most recent patch with significant under the hood optimizations (as opposed to new features or tuned assets) and resulted in a pretty substantial boost for CPU limted scenes:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs7L3yV45EA

Completed Scanning.jpg

After around 6 months I have maxed out exploring Starfield, have scanned every star system and every planet............

..................or perhaps not, I'm missing one. There should be 1692 planets and moons to find but only have 1691. Have hunted around to find one not at 100% scanned but have given up- it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Plus I'm two fauna missing at Beta Marae I and Misada III. These are Starfield bugs as Beta Marae should be found on wetlands and Misada should be in the sea but Starfield forgot to put them in the game! I could use a console command to find them but I'll leave it for Bethesda to sort out.

Started exploration with the other aspects of the game then more exploration and by Christmas just solely exploring. Most of the planets are barren of life so just resources and traits to find which became incredibly boring soon. There are only 31 traits to find and had found them all within 40 planets scanned. The most annoying part of resources was finding water. Often start on a water rich biome and loads of times took a few thousand metres of walking to find one. Far too late I realised I should have flew to the biome with the rarest element as water was just as common there! And it annoyed me to find almost like a sea of elements on the ground except for water. Suppose Bethesda thought no-one would build an outpost on a water base but it seemed unbelievable you can have an area full of Helium 3 and Yttrium scattered on the floor but no H2O!

The planets with flora and fauna were better and some worlds were hard to fully scan with fauna- a few I could only find in caves caused me a problem but far enjoyable than the barren worlds. Didn't take long for repeats of these- must have found loads of Terra Roots and Trilobite Scavengers around the systems but there were a few systems with unique fauna but seemed crazy that you had to either screenshot them or write them down as there was nothing in the game to go back in the settings to find them again. In No Mans Sky you could do this but not in this game.

Glad to have finished exploration on the game as it became very frustrating. Thought the game had 100 systems and around 80 systems in found it had 120 to find.... ' oh no, I've only done two thirds of the game'. Was enjoyable trying to change flora and fauna from blue scans to green scans but never want to do it again!

The mod Show Star Names helps, though that feature will come to the game officially soonish. One very easy missable system is Van Maanens Star, which is the furthest to the left and has a way smaller star icon than the rest. It was in fact the last one I had missed. However, you are missing more than one:
explo.jpg

And yes, somehow I have one more planet analyzed than scanned, bug probably. Or I haven't found everything either. You have more fauna scanned than me. Guess I have to comb the map once more.

And yes, somehow I have one more planet analyzed than scanned, bug probably. Or I haven't found everything either. You have more fauna scanned than me. Guess I have to comb the map once more.
Seems to be a few bugs with this- you have more than me in everything except fauna and I have 945 unique fauna scanned and didn't use the console command to find the missing ones. Odd you have 16 more flora than me as I'm sure I fully scanned every system for them :unsure:
Edit- on a few systems I had 100% on a fauna but when I went to another biome that fauna was still blue and scanned it again to turn it green- perhaps it counted it again

Last edited:
They managed to fix the powers but I've still got missions that need fixes( ECS constant, shroudbreaker, audition and runaway ) and the dragonfire and Gagarin landing being borked so got my missing powers and logged off . Shame really but hey ho

I have changed the cruiser a little.
View attachment 387746
And I have revived the Frontier in a far more reasonable configuration than the initial gargantuan concept.
View attachment 387748
The cruiser looks really good now. I like the elevated front and these slanted surfaces. The nose stands out like a little citadel, perfect place for a promenade deck. (We all know the bridge is housed inside deep the ship, enclosed in armored bunker. "Windows are structural weaknesses".)

Maybe I start a new playthrough? This time not much fuss with bases? Just one hub to dump stuff and have it as "catch all" for crafting. It'd be Mag weapon focused, energy was kinda meh - not enough variety of guns.

Top Bottom