Game Discussions Bethesda Softworks Starfield Space RPG

Capturing pirates. And yep, I've changed the design again.
Photo_2024-03-27-175208.jpg

I like them (obviously, else I wouldn't have put them there). For me this ship is a perfect deep space explorer, just like the cruiser is the perfect warship.
Leave them, it's an abomination onto just to my eyes. I'd go all in, they are just to puny. I find the hump peculiar, not the prettiest thing but you can make interesting things out of those. The nose doesn't really fit - if you get something more rounded you can make some shark-whale abomination - maybe with a hammer head? And plaster it with solar modules? Or something asymmetric? The top of the front looks like a small fighter would fit.

Leave them, it's an abomination onto just to my eyes. I'd go all in, they are just to puny. I find the hump peculiar, not the prettiest thing but you can make interesting things out of those. The nose doesn't really fit - if you get something more rounded you can make some shark-whale abomination - maybe with a hammer head? And plaster it with solar modules? Or something asymmetric? The top of the front looks like a small fighter would fit.
There's only so much you can do with the M class hull pieces. Bethesda only made those to put together the legendary ships you can encounter in the game, so the selection is limited. That said, I've altered the design once again, moving the panels to the rear actually:
variant.jpg

There's only so much you can do with the M class hull pieces. Bethesda only made those to put together the legendary ships you can encounter in the game, so the selection is limited. That said, I've altered the design once again, moving the panels to the rear actually:
View attachment 387962
Makeshift, like they used what was at hand to create or repair it. This is what the "unknown vessel" over Paradiso should have looked like after that decade long odyssey.

I launched Starfield last weekend after almost a month long break, and noticed that Bethesda have actually fixed the Power from Beyond missions. Now I, too, have those two Starborn powers.
Temple Phi 2024-04-01-190941.jpg

I also noticed that the routing of NPC:s is still buggy, at least inside my ship. But I think this is the weirdest place where I have seen my crew member sitting:
Buggy NPC in my ship 2024-04-01 (1).jpg

Then he got up and started walking, but couldn't get far and got stuck. After a moment of being stuck there, he teleported to a different room, to a chair. Also my other crew member, who was sitting in the cockpit, was teleported to that same room.
Buggy NPC in my ship 2024-04-01 (2).jpg

I ultimately wanted too much, with the result that my PC can't handle it anymore. This is the final design of my cruiser. The outside got moderately refined, but the most important change is inside. I've filled nearly every available space with all the habs the game has. It now has 6 decks with a core size of 12x9 each, but with irregularly shaped extension into the angled parts of the hull. End result:I can look at it in the builder, I can spawn it into the game, but I can't fly it anymore. When I try to board it, the game crashes to desktop. I won't be seeing the inside of what I have built until I get my new PC. Intel and Nvidia, please hurry up with the 15900k and RTX 5090....
final.jpg

I still have my Frontier, and in NG+ I'll lose everything anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah to be truthful NG isn't much to shout about I went up to NG 3 got bored and went back to my original save ( no NG) . It doesn't add anything the ship and suit are meh at best take that with replaying the missions isn't really that much fun after you have done good guy bad guy the ending is still the same. I don't really use the powers so I find no need for them. NG for me just shows the lack of gameplay and locations. It may have been different if I hadn't done most of the missions ( those that I can be complete) in my first iteration 🤷‍♂️. I rarely play now only when they give us "fixes" and then it's to see if my missions or issues have been fixed and then turn off again .

So today the game started nonstop crashing, and I've decided to finally move on to NG+. Starfield feels like a new game. I was running at 30-40 FPS, with merely 40-50% CPU used. Now I'm looking at 130 FPS and full CPU usage, all 8 cores/16 threads.

I just hope they fix the unaccessible/ locked doors or the ECS constant and I will possibly go onto NG + but we shall see . I haven't played since the last update apart from seeing if the missions have been fixed . And yes I know I can NG now but I'm not leaving unfinished missions. And also I don't want to keep running back to the eye to get the next temples if I'm speed running the NG

Looks like Starfield doesn't like running at 100+ FPS, I had crashes every few minutes. Disabled FSR3 and Framegen and am now running at full native res with no upscaling at all, no more crashes and between 40 (in cities) and 80 (elsewhere) FPS.

Top Bottom