Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack | Announce

I am sure that your great-grandparents emigrated from Europe, although I would really like to know that you are native to South America. Your great-grandparents probably knew Wisent because they saw him with their own eyes. Unfortunately, Europe suffered the most from the invasion of human civilization and the nature there is almost completely exterminated. South America will probably follow in the future. Isn't it necessary to go back to the origins to stop this extermination of the wild world?
Yes part of my great-grandparents came from Europe. I'm third generation Argentinian. And so what?

I didn't grew up in Europe, i grew up here and so the animals that are exotic to you are common for me, either in the wild or in captivity and i appreciate them (and want them for the game) as much as you do with european animals. In fact many european animals like red deer, wild boar and beavers are invasive here and extremely destructive to our ecosystems.

By your logic we should all only care about african fauna.

And saying that SouthAmerican biodiversity hasn't been extremely disrupted and endangered by human Activity, almost since colonization, is just denying reality.

I can smell the colonialist mindset and the Eurocentrism through my screen. Not everyone is European, and the game is called Planet Zoo, not European Zoo.💀

The fact that Europe has more animals in game than Oceania and especially South America is insane to me. Not saying European representation isn’t valued in game, but it is nowhere near the most biodiverse region of the world nor the one with the most worldwide zoo rep.
Once again, to clarify the digression you use to invalidate my argument. I wrote absolutely nothing to ask for more animals for Europe, although I think Roe deer and European Brown Bear is a serious omission. Everything I wrote is against the obvious wave of senseless rejection of the new DLC announced by Frontier. The posts speak for themselves. I wish you a life full of passion!

I'd rather have the EBB instead of the HBB though, but in term of role play I use the HBB as an EBB.

Any way, do you think people will still use the llama after this pack ? Or even the dall sheep and somali ass? Cause the only use I see to them was in a "pet zoo" basically.
The sheep and ass still have their usage, I honestly think the Dall sheep is quite underrated, it is quite a good animal to use in a North American or Arctic section, especially in a nice mountainous habitat. The Somali wild ass works pretty well in any African area especially desert themed ones.

I'd rather have the EBB instead of the HBB though, but in term of role play I use the HBB as an EBB.

Any way, do you think people will still use the llama after this pack ? Or even the dall sheep and somali ass? Cause the only use I see to them was in a "pet zoo" basically.
I think the sheep and the donkey will replace the Dalls sheep and the somalí ass but the llama is still a domestic animal and looks different from alpacas so i guess if anything they will use both at the same time or pick one interchangeable.

I think the Dall sheep wasn't even used that much anyway, but if I'd use it, it wouldn't be in a petting zoo.

I still prefer the Somali wild ass over the American donkey, so the first one will be my choice personally.

For the llama and alpaca, they're pretty interchangeable, but I think the alpaca is slightly more for petting zoos, while the llama can be in any open habitat that could function as some kind of filler.

The sheep and ass still have their usage, I honestly think the Dall sheep is quite underrated, it is quite a good animal to use in a North American or Arctic section, especially in a nice mountainous habitat. The Somali wild ass works pretty well in any African area especially desert themed ones.
I love the dall sheep too (specially since something we shouldn't advertise gave it a variant making it less white). It feets very well on the side of an ibex enclosure.
But I wonder if casual player weren't just using it a casual sheep...
For the somali ass I am sure most people were already putting it in a barn or simple enclosure, along a Przewalski horse.

Llama and dall sheep I know will still be used by me, a mixed llama and alpaca animal encounter would be nice to have. The dall sheep still fills the need for a wild sheep for north American habitats, it's no mountain goat or bighorn sheep but it's what we have.

The new animals in example, sheep for domestic sheep and maybe a rural Europe zoo with a field of sheep and the donkey for general American or domestic habitats.

The llama might fall off but the Dall sheep and wild ass are the exact opposite from their domestic "counterparts" and make no sense in a petting zoo in the sense of roleplaying with them as domestic animals now that we have proper "replacements for the replacements" (I feel like a lot of people forget the Dall's sheep is like, a genuinely amazing wild animal... always saddens me when people use it as "just a sheep").

The llama might fall off but the Dall sheep and wild ass are the exact opposite from their domestic "counterparts" and make no sense in a petting zoo in the sense of roleplaying with them as domestic animals now that we have proper "replacements for the replacements" (I feel like a lot of people forget the Dall's sheep is like, a genuinely amazing wild animal... always saddens me when people use it as "just a sheep").

It is definitely not just a sheep to me.
But I guess for most people it is far in the ungulate list.
And considering that now people who want farm part don't need to roleplay it anymore. I am not sure he will have the priority in a very ungulate heavy roster...

I am sure that your great-grandparents emigrated from Europe, although I would really like to know that you are native to South America. Your great-grandparents probably knew Wisent because they saw him with their own eyes. Unfortunately, Europe suffered the most from the invasion of human civilization and the nature there is almost completely exterminated. South America will probably follow in the future. Isn't it necessary to go back to the origins to stop this extermination of the wild world?
I have no idea what all of this has to do with people liking/disliking certain packs.

Of course people will still use them. It is good to have options. You can use Llama in one zoo and Alpaca in another, diversity is fun. As for the donkey and goat, I cannot possibly see how could they replace their wild counterparts. Somali Wild Ass, despite the look similar to a donkey is critically endanger wild animal and alot of zoos keep wild caprids (not the Dall Sheep specifically, but you ge the point). They are usually housed in totally different habitats than their domestic cousins in zoos.

Last edited:
One chicken/fowl, one goat, one sheep, one cow/cattle, one pig, one odd-toed ungulate (horses, donkeys and ponies) and one other domesticated/farm types. Domestic horse could have been there.

This feels exactly like the person who was trying to persuade everyone the eurasian brown bear was an essential zoo animal but no one was having it, and then later found out they were from eastern Europe where that bear is an extremely common zoo animal.
This is also why I went on that one 15+ post rant about how Fox Street Coffee should just be replaced by Dunkin' Donuts. I'm still embarrassed that people found out I only wanted that in-game because I'm from Boston...

Now that I see all the models, I am most excited for the chickens, pigs, and donkeys….buuut I do wish they had been miniature donkeys. Or miniature ponies…! Or Kune Kune pigs…or pot belly pigs! But I think Tamworth pigs are super cute too.

The Barnyard DLC pack makes me think different of the a smaller zoo that's closest to me, just across the German border in Nordhorn. It's a Zoo that I always call a 'Uit-de-hand-gelopen-kinderboerderij' in Dutch (Gotten-out-of-hand-PettingZoo). It has a lot of domestic breeds and some exotic animals, like the Amurleopard. Now I feel like it's more interesting and perhaps I should visit it again for more inspiration.
I've been to Nordhorn as a child, so your comment brings back memories. There's a zoo tour video from the German YouTube channel Zoo-Erlebnis which covers Nordhorn, which I'll definitely watch now to gain some inspiration.

I'll definitely try to find a way to fit them all in. I still adore the Dall Sheep even when no one else does, and the Somali Wild Ass is one of my favorite animals in the game that I love building for. The new animals are cool to have for farmland settings, but they don't replace their close relatives for me, unlike some cases like the Blue Wildebeest or the Spectacled Caiman where I never used their respective predecessors anymore after getting those.

The new sheep and donkey are No substitutes for the wild counterparts. I will use the old ones surely still more than the new ones. And in Case of Alpaca and Llama you can still use both.

A good example is South America, which is extremely well represented with representative animals, but a small group of active members on the forum still see the continent as extremely deficiently represented, only because some monkeys are missing that are the size of a squirrel and can be difficult to integrate in a normal habitat.
South America is the only pack that didn't get two dedicated DLCs. And even then, the one dedicated DLC they got was a scenery pack, so only 4 animals. Compare:
  1. Africa - Africa and Arid
  2. Asia - SEA and Eurasia
  3. North America - Arctic and North America
  4. Oceania - Australia and Oceania
  5. Europe - Europe and Eurasia

This community proved to be extremely hypocritical and childish. As long as Frontier considered her wishes as a priority, the members could not stop praising the DLCs that satisfied their exotic dreams. Metawishlist has become a kind of mandatory route although a very small group of PZ players are active members of the form. It's a bit megalomaniac to consider yourself the representative of all players' expectations. A good example is South America, which is extremely well represented with representative animals, but a small group of active members on the forum still see the continent as extremely deficiently represented, only because some monkeys are missing that are the size of a squirrel and can be difficult to integrate in a normal habitat.
Now that the developers have made a considerable effort to add a very normal component with domestic animals, almost universally present in most zoos, the expression of disappointment tends towards grossness. It seems that when you do too much to please a community, this generous gesture backfires on you. A good lesson for Frontier!
Why do you hate South America so much?

You’ve been insisting for over a year that South America is well represented and then saying that Europe needs more, and you call people hypocritical?

No matter how many people agree that South America is needed, you’re just like “nope, nope, nope.”

SA is the one glaring spot everyone but you recognizes.

Top Bottom