Game Discussions Star Ship Simulator

This game looks interesting but I'm having trouble finding good vids on several topics.

What are the mechanics of using the star map ?
Can you land on a planet (either by shuttle or some other means) ? (I'm guessing: No)
How do you interact with new discoveries (aliens, deralict ships, anomalies, etc.) ?

Most of the vids I've found so far basically highlight the ship and its interior and crew. The ship looks nice.

Any links to vids would be greatly appreciated. (my search terms may be the problem why I'm not getting good results ... happens to me sometimes)
Have a nice day

It is just a tech demo. So no you can't land anywhere yet 'cos the shuttle bay has not been built.

At the moment as far as I can see you can't actually interact with that star map. You scan and select systems form the nav console, you travel via the helm console, the captains chair lets you turn the bridge into a disco.

The ship model is nowhere near complete, in fact I fell into space one time (the prog dropped me back into the ship).

So it is just a toy to play with at the moment.

BTW - press C to move through cameras, it defaults to the head-bob setting (horrible thing), one press of C gets you past that.

It looks good. But it will probably be the same as with the space engineer. Purely for solo games, build a model as a hobby, but if you turn on the network mode, terrible glitches will begin. Since all the blocks of the product will be loaded to another player. We wish the developers good luck!

Ohh I gotta ask....does it/will it support VR?

Ohhh it will!!

Oh a shared galaxy....that implies Gankers who will no doubt be hunting us softies hehehehe.
Hope there's a single player or coop version.

Last edited:
Like SC these games promise the earth and give little after 14 years.
Let's hope this game is an exception to the rule.
Elite dangerous has the bar set very high.

Like SC these games promise the earth and give little after 14 years.
Let's hope this game is an exception to the rule.
Elite dangerous has the bar set very high.
After so many years with Elite , "I have set my expectations to an acceptable level of disappointment".

What caught my interest was the Galaxy. If I heard correctly, it will be structured from our current knowledge of the Milky Way. That would be a big plus for me. The galaxy is why I re-installed ED:H a few weeks ago; to visit places I remember and some I never discovered. I had to go land on Mitterrand Hollow first thing after reinstall, then out to the Pleiades and beyond. I'd like to see what their version of these areas look like.

Top Bottom