Game Discussions Star Ship Simulator

Shame you didn't research what you are denigrating.

"Assuming the game is funded enough to cover our main feature objectives, we are planning to release it as truly Free to Play, without any form of micro-transactions. Cosmetic items will never cost the player money. Ongoing funding will be covered via the sale of DLCs, from additional ships to full story-driven campaigns.

If we fail to meet the required funding target, and additional funding cannot be sourced elsewhere, then we'll pivot to putting a box price on Early Access as a last resort."

That £25 level covers the first DLC which (as implied) is expected in March 2025.

Higher levels include more DLCs - unfortunately £500 for lifetime pass is far too much for me.

If there was so much negativity 11 years ago then Elite would not exist - I blame SC for muddying the waters.

P.S. KS launched only 2 days ago (?) now at:

£61,185
pledged of £65,000 goal
If it’s for the first DLC then using the phrase base game is deeply misleading.

In case you didn’t know, I don’t do KickStarters anymore because I’m not putting money in for what may or may not happen depending on circumstances.

As I said, you didn't actually read what was on the Kickstarter.
I did. In some of the rewards ‘Base game free‘ is included, even though in the FAQ it appears the base game will be free whether you pledged or not.

I suspect this may be because of a feature of KickStarter where you can’t change a pledge reward once someone has pledged to it.

Same here! I also noticed Burr has done a video on it, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. This definitely has my interest now, though I hope the devs provide a NPC crew for those of us who aren't into multiplayer crews. I don't want to be all alone on a giant starship like I am in Space Engineers...
Where have you been?...And do you have a note? :)

Plenty of folk wanting a one to one scale of the universe it seems ?
I like wandering about in a grouping of stars and planets that I can find in a book or sky map or go outside and look up; show the grand-kids a star in the sky and tell them we can fly there now if you want.

So many space games build their star systems from places unknown. Some are quite interesting and beautiful. I have nothing against those games. But, since I've always been a nature person, the Moon, planets, stars, etc etc will always interest me (college astronomy and physics classes fueled me more). SpaceEngine is wonderful (free version) way to explore everywhere, even other galaxies. ED has the Milky Way Galaxy very well modeled, from a game / space flight simulator aspect.

my two centavos

I've been playing the demo for this for a while. Its an amazing game with a lot of potential.

I really like the scale of the galaxy they're going for as it takes time to travel far. There's no hyperspace jumps as instead you travel in real time at 300 light years per hour and its seamless. The way they're making travel work and the time it takes to explore makes the galaxy feel immense. They're also adding Globular Clusters and the Magellanic Clouds.

Its worth checking out if you like exploring and don't mind a more causal approach to travelling long distances.

They can get funding the proper way without begging for donations. Like real businesses.
Yeah, look at all the great things the shareholders did for Elite. Anyways, I missed out on ED-KS
but I'm on board with SSS. If one single dude put out what we have now, imagine a room full of them with him at the helm. I read somewhere there are interesting people looking to join the team if the KS is a success.

I've always wanted to explore in ED but found it boring, repetitive with little rewards. The NPC's are useless too. SC is a joke, so I won't go there. SSS will have a fully functioning crew. I will definitely be just a tourist for the first few jumps. My first round of mischief will be pestering the captain as Q.

I hope passengers are allowed on the bridge. 🤔

Are there many ppl here who have downloaded and play the Demo ?
I'll be DL it soon and if it plays as well as the vids and tutorial show, I may KS it.
Have a nice day

Top Bottom