FC can't move within a system

Hi CMDR's have any of you had any problems plotting a destination within a system with your FC? I can plot a course from system to system, but not into a system. Even if my FC is already at the main star, I can not plot to any of the other bodies. This has happened with the 14 update. It might be the system itself. I was able to select another system and a planetary body within that system for my FC to jump to. ???

Last edited:
I've not tried it, but apparently the workaround is to try and select a location in a system, fail, back out of carrier management completely and then try again; it should now work.

I've not tried it, but apparently the workaround is to try and select a location in a system, fail, back out of carrier management completely and then try again; it should now work.
Also reported: setting the FC jump destination from within your ship (right panel) WHILE docked on your carrier...

Hi CMDR's have any of you had any problems plotting a destination within a system with your FC? I can plot a course from system to system, but not into a system. Even if my FC is already at the main star, I can not plot to any of the other bodies. This has happened with the 14 update. It might be the system itself. I was able to select another system and a planetary body within that system for my FC to jump to. ???
Me too.

lifesucks.gif

The same thing happened to me with EQ Pegasi, I couldn't get close to the station and had to leave it at the main star.

Just an idea... you guys are sure, you've already visited these systems with a ship? That could explain, why you can select the system in galaxy map, but no bodies in system map... maybe.
Reminds me of Apex - you can select and travel to a body in unvisited systems, but when flying your ship, the system is still unexplored... iirc...

(Yes, i know - normally you shouldn't see the system map then... but who knows what U14 did there... ;) )

I think ... I was sure it didn't work for last week, then I could jump to planet yesterday. Difference I can imagine was, I opened system map second time that time.
So I opened Galaxy, then checked sys A - can't jump, back to Galaxy, opened sys B - can select planet.
Meaning - exit sys map (press BACK), and open again without closing Galaxy map.

Just an idea... you guys are sure, you've already visited these systems with a ship? That could explain, why you can select the system in galaxy map, but no bodies in system map... maybe.
Reminds me of Apex - you can select and travel to a body in unvisited systems, but when flying your ship, the system is still unexplored... iirc...

(Yes, i know - normally you shouldn't see the system map then... but who knows what U14 did there... ;) )
I visited all the systems in the video I shared many times.

Also, Attacates has been my home system for 1.5 years.

If you wish to jump to a body within a system:
Bookmark the body
Open the carrier movement screen
Type the system name in the search bar
The 2nd suggestion will be in the format [system name: body] : [system name]
Just select and it will be plotted.

Just confirmed this works.by nipping out to one of the Guardian sites...
Screenshot_0164.jpg

ETA: As the body is a bit full of FCs I was shunted to an adjacent body. I'll confirm this accurately as working or not following the next jump.

Last edited:
If you wish to jump to a body within a system:
Bookmark the body
Open the carrier movement screen
Type the system name in the search bar
The 2nd suggestion will be in the format [system name: body] : [system name]
Just select and it will be plotted.

Just confirmed this works.by nipping out to one of the Guardian sites...

ETA: As the body is a bit full of FCs I was shunted to an adjacent body. I'll confirm this accurately as working or not following the next jump.
Tried this just now. The book mark recall in search bar works, but only as far as the system. It does not plot to the planet itself.

Since noones mentioned it, if you plot carrier route -> go to the system map -> see the destination unavailable -> return to the galaxy map -> then go back to the system map and try again, it becomes available.

No kidding just do it again.

Dont exit all the way to carrier admin, just to the galaxy map.

Someone on reddit posted the tip.

On a tangent, does anyone think 6.5 mill upkeep is a bit much for the shipyard just to be able to change ships from fps? Decided today that the shipyard is mandatory if you have odd and use your carrier as a personal base just for swapping ships.

Last edited:
Top Bottom