FC can't move within a system

On a tangent, does anyone think 6.5 mill upkeep is a bit much for the shipyard just to be able to change ships from fps? Decided today that the shipyard is mandatory if you have odd and use your carrier as a personal base just for swapping ships.

AFAIK the shipyard isn't need to switch between and to store your personal ships, but it's needed to let other commanders store more than one ship on your carrier.

Since noones mentioned it, if you plot carrier route -> go to the system map -> see the destination unavailable -> return to the galaxy map -> then go back to the system map and try again, it becomes available.

No kidding just do it again.

Dont exit all the way to carrier admin, just to the galaxy map.

Someone on reddit posted the tip.

On a tangent, does anyone think 6.5 mill upkeep is a bit much for the shipyard just to be able to change ships from fps? Decided today that the shipyard is mandatory if you have odd and use your carrier as a personal base just for swapping ships.
you only need the shipyard if you want to allow other commanders to swap ships at your carrier, you get outfitting/livery and shipyard on your own carrier free. it is a pointless expense if you are the only player using it.

you only need the shipyard if you want to allow other commanders to swap ships at your carrier, you get outfitting/livery and shipyard on your own carrier free. it is a pointless expense if you are the only player using it.

Yes just for roleplay.. ie the only reason for carrier interiors. Makes so much difference to log off inside somewhere, then next session select your ship from a room on the carrier rather than from the ship menu. But painful just for that.

Elites always been about using your imagination with the tools you have. So player housing?

I posted it above I think :p

Good point. Well half a dozen people kept asking and rc starting going on about bookmarks so i.. also didn't read your post :)

Last edited:
Yes just for roleplay.. ie the only reason for carrier interiors. Makes so much difference to log off inside somewhere, then next session select your ship from a room on the carrier rather than from the ship menu. But painful just for that.

Elites always been about using your imagination with the tools you have. So player housing?

Good point. Well half a dozen people kept asking and rc starting going on about bookmarks so i.. also didn't read your post :)
id love to be able to gain player housing at a settlement or station personally... and i use my carrier much the same way too.
id also like to see ground based missions that allow us to build personal relations with the people in the settlements in the systems we call home.

id also like to see ground based missions that allow us to build personal relations with the people in the settlements in the systems we call home.

Yeah, i was thinking that too. Station interiors are just a flop being identical. They made the mistake of making the interiors feel used, but then every station is being used in the same way basically except for litter.

They did however seem to get the proc gen working for odd ground bases.. so can we use these as bases? I think theres a mission terminal and populated interior for some of them? Its on the list anyway. Sure we wouldn't have a shipyard or anything but that's what a carrier is for. There are odd bases that have a space mission board when you dock so that's half way. (if anyone has the bgs parameters to narrow the search for a good base please tell).

Also reported: setting the FC jump destination from within your ship (right panel) WHILE docked on your carrier...
I will try this method. I usually plot via the right hand panel. Its much quicker and I usually do the course plotting before I get to my fc.

I will try this method. I usually plot via the right hand panel. Its much quicker and I usually do the course plotting before I get to my fc.

When in the system map plotting a route for the FC and it tells you the route is unavailable, use the back button in left corner to exit back to the galaxy map, then re-enter the system map and it will work then, it's just a minor bug.

The shipyard works for the carrier owner even if the service is suspended. You only need to activate it if you want other CMDRs to store or move their ships there. Same with outfitting.

EDIT: seems others have said so too, I had the "hidden posts" bar and didn't see them.

Top Bottom