Planet Zoo: Arid Animal Pack Releasing 20 June 🐪

I dont really get the interspecies enrichment talk. I mean nothing is stopping us from putting porcupines and meerkats together.
I only play sandbox so i dnot actually know how relevant the actual bonus is but i cant imagine it being anything really gamebreaking, so are we even missing out that much?

Love how everyone seems shocked that African Rhino 2 is... well... an African Rhino 2. I mean, look at all the other animals that Frontier took animation shortcuts with... were you really expecting this to be any different?

I dont really get the interspecies enrichment talk. I mean nothing is stopping us from putting porcupines and meerkats together.
I only play sandbox so i dnot actually know how relevant the actual bonus is but i cant imagine it being anything really gamebreaking, so are we even missing out that much?
From a sandbox perspective as well I would say the only missing out part is the loss of a enrichment welfare bonus. Both animals share very similar habitats in terms of design and foliage so they are easily compatible with each other.

Definitely disappointing the black rhino would use the white rhino animations. Black rhinos walk with their head up. As far as a tapir reskin you could never pull that off with any other rhino. Everything about the white rhino is different and much bigger. The head on a white rhino can weigh 400lbs plus. Well hopefully frontier will address the animations but very glad to have it 2 African rhino or not. To me a game as in depth as PZ skipping out on this animal would make the game incomplete imo.

Definitely disappointing the black rhino would use the white rhino animations. Black rhinos walk with their head up. As far as a tapir reskin you could never pull that off with any other rhino. Everything about the white rhino is different and much bigger. The head on a white rhino can weigh 400lbs plus. Well hopefully frontier will address the animations but very glad to have it 2 African rhino or not. To me a game as in depth as PZ skipping out on this animal would make the game incomplete imo.
How did you expect anything else? It was clearly chosen because it was easy to make. Making an entire new rig and amimation set for it defeats that purpose.

Loving this pack. But noticed right off the bat the Sand Cat's legs bow out instead of staying neatly tucked under their bodies. Not a big deal but gives them a less graceful feline feel and more a bulldog feel.

@yoav_r I honestly expect frontier to do it right. As people have stated the way a black rhino moves, walks, and runs are totally different and frontier knew this I’m sure. As far as easy to make I respectfully disagree as I stated the two might share 2 horns but everything from head to body are totally different from one another. The black rhino was actually chosen to be in game on launch evident by the signs. Should have been a base game animal but oh well.

1687217703910.png

1687217719414.png

Back in my day, we got those, sharing the same animations that looked out of Ace Ventura's "rhino", and nobody had this weird discourse of "should have had tweaked animations". Despite making such models and animations was a simpler matter compared to modern standards.

Seriously, the gaming industry has to be a bad place to work. Crunch, exponential increase of workload due to project bloating, and all for a client base that utterly nitpicks about everything.

View attachment 359105
View attachment 359106

Back in my day, we got those, sharing the same animations that looked out of Ace Ventura's "rhino", and nobody had this weird discourse of "should have had tweaked animations". Despite making such models and animations was a simpler matter compared to modern standards.

Seriously, the gaming industry has to be a bad place to work. Crunch, exponential increase of workload due to project bloating, and all for a client base that utterly nitpicks about everything.
Look at all these nostalgic traingles

Those were exciting times waiting for radical remake animals back in the day. Great job considering the revolving members. So much disappointment with the lion tho. I remember waiting forever for that animal. A lot of sidetrack’s along the way with their ultimate collection I believe it was. It was great and added so many great updated animals but I think RR may have been completed possibly if they stayed the coarse. Oh well all in the past now.

The lioness was completed, interesetingly.
But it's not currently available, is it? I can't seem to find it. And it'll be super wired to have it but not the male
Less of a disappointment and more of a shame, it was a lovely effort, but a decade is a very long time for a fan project.
Yeah. Fortunately, LGCFM is making a pack of the same style for Extinct Animals (missing only a few) and I believe Dennedillo made some for the rest of the Marine Mania species as well as some for African Adventure and Endangered Species..
Just the same, they aren't fully complete, so there still isn't fill consistency. I've considered going back to vanilla and just having vanilla style mods, like the Restorers' Forgotten Animals and NanoLacensis' super cool mod
Those were exciting times waiting for radical remake animals back in the day. Great job considering the revolving members. So much disappointment with the lion tho. I remember waiting forever for that animal. A lot of sidetrack’s along the way with their ultimate collection I believe it was. It was great and added so many great updated animals but I think RR may have been completed possibly if they stayed the coarse. Oh well all in the past now.
Yeah, happens with many mods. I remember many JPOG that fell and weren't even released. Then JWE came.
Oh well, the past is the past. Now onto the future of today...

Literally first thing i saw today at twitter.
View attachment 359082View attachment 359085
Frontier just took white rhino and slapped new model. They did black rhino dirty.
I saw @Leaf Productions and @Iben and lionrider all mention this so I'll throw in my support too. The Black Rhinoceros does need some changes. The Models texturing is actually gorgeous but there are some slight anatomical errors and also it needs more color variation since the one in game is extremely dark. For the model I honestly think if they were too reduce the belly a bit and also slim down the rhino around the neck it would do wonders to it. The thing about the hump is that, yes black rhinos do have an exaggerated hump but you don't see it often because they carry themselves quite differently than the southern whites.

I know leaf tagged the planet zoo team on twitter so I'm respectfully asking if the team could take another look at this animal as well. The detail on animals such as the porcupine, camel, addax, somali wild ass and many more in this pack is truly jaw dropping. We would just like to see this animal get a second look. Thank you. @Lydiah Moon

The albino Porcupine is adorable. Super excited for the different colors of both camels! I understand the want for new species but its nice they revisited the Bactrian Camel. Of all new animals the sand cat is my favorite. I actually like their uniqueness its part of what makes them cool irl. The leaping gazelle sign is cool imo...

Top Bottom