Update 18 Release Schedule | Monday 26 February 2024

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ya know what, I think I'm starting to see why Sally used to lock these threads until the update was actually out.
Yeah I was totally with her on that.

But gamers be gamers. Look at how "We will get new ships sometime in 2024" transformed through "Are we getting the Python in U18?" and "U18 will bring the new Python!" to "What? No Python in U18? Lamest game ever!!!!". You can't win with those people.

All these fixes are very welcome, as well as the great humour. I'm looking forward to discovering any hidden surprises of this update. And I really hope the secure warehouse bug of having to visit a commodities list twice to register cargo in the hold has been silently fixed...

come-on, it's really funny 😂
It's really not.
If people don't like what's in the update notes they could just... move along. No need to write a diatribe about how they've been let down by the company, not going to play any more, etcetera. When they haven't even played the update in question. It is pointless, because the criticism is neither constructive nor valid.

The only outcome from it, is more arguments and bad blood on the forum. Because there really isn't enough of that going on already...

It's really not.
If people don't like what's in the update notes they could just... move along. No need to write a diatribe about how they've been let down by the company, not going to play any more, etcetera. When they haven't even played the update in question. It is pointless, because the criticism is neither constructive nor valid.
But complaining about them when you know they can't change is as pointless as their own complaints about unchanging things.

Might as well get a laugh out of the situation 🤷‍♀️

I disagree, the threads should be locked, and independent ones spring up for the entertainment value of 'venting' over folks dreams.txt not being realised - they are tremendous fun to read...
I see your disagreement and raise you :D
It's better to keep these threads open so that discussion can stay in one place.
I've always felt like a door was slammed in our faces when threads were created then locked, and I find it rude. Granted, some complaints could have been better phrased, but even so...

What if this is the intention?
Surely nobody would do such a thing!
boardgameyogi-lolies.gif

It's better to keep these threads open so that discussion can stay in one place.
I've always felt like a door was slammed in our faces when threads were created then locked, and I find it rude. Granted, some complaints could have been better phrased, but even so...
I raise your rise...

If some members (I use that term loosely) didn't raise their expectations quite so high, on no visible evidence (there was no mention of new ships etc. due in U18), there would be no grounds to complain about anything bar their favourite bugs being unaddressed...

Better the disappointment going to new topics than the update post, that way we see useful information only, patch notes, then a notification that the patch is ready for download and the servers are back up.

It is convenient to have these threads open so people have a definite starting point to go off topic from.
On the gripping hand it was nice to be able to spot if something important had been added without having to wade through all the stuff we post.

So as usual whatever is done will be wrong.

More likely because Titans will suffer some form of RUD (Actually RSD) and the bits and pieces will be in big numbers*

*( dont get disappointed if all we get is a Star Wars 1977 type of explosion 😂 )

From the patch notes
  • The displayed count of commanders present in on-foot conflict zones now updates correctly as commanders join the fight.
Where is this count currently displayed? I've only seen it for my Team members, the usual icons - or "Contacts within 1000m" from the Insight wheel.

30GB? Damn... Wonder if that means lots of significant changes and new stuff, or a lazy way to patch? For example, with many titles, I note that a small update on Steam of a few megabytes, could be many Gigabytes on GoG, due to how they update differently. I.e. a 2GB file might have a few hundred kb of changes, but if they simply update the entire file, rather than patch it... well, big download.

Gonna make a note of folder size before the update, see how much new stuff there is. It doesn't really matter, just curious lol.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom